Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a performance company. I was inquiring about a short block. He shares the fact that they only take certified checks for the purchase of engines. I inquiry as to why? He tells me that if purchased with a CC and there is a problem with the engine, the customer can't dispute the charge.

How's THAT for confidence in your product?
I don't think I care to purchase from them. :roll:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Go with one of the best MTI or Cartek and you never look back. :z:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Talk to the guys around here who have used some of the supporting vendors, MTI, Cartek, Antivenom, LPE, 21st Century, Phoenix Performance, Dynotech, A&A.

We have a lot of great vendors, who do good work...

Mark

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
How's THAT for confidence in your product?
I don't think I care to purchase from them. :roll:
Would feel real comfortable buying from them :NoNo: :eek:o:

Jack

·
Registered
830 Posts
Mine on order.

·
Registered
378 Posts
IT L GO said:
Go with one of the best MTI or Cartek and you never look back. :z:

:yeadog:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Is that a salesman or what?!
:lol:

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
We need to know the name of the company Norm.

Thanks

Joe

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GNX Guy said:
We need to know the name of the company Norm.

Thanks

Joe
I don't know if I'm supposed to mention them on this board. haha

Ok, I won't meantion them but I will be SlowLy in my Patience.

Problem is. I'm still thinking about buying from them.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I don't believe that SlowLy in my Patience really does the actual engine building. I believe that all the machining etc. is farmed out. Please correct me in I'm wrong. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I was researching LS2 402 options. I saw that SLP sells a fully assembled and machined LS2 402 cui short block for under 4 grand. I also noticed that one of the SLP engineers was posting quite a bit on LS1Tech. Since I was really interested in an building a 427, I thought doing so with an LS2 might actually me somewhat cost-effective. So I called up SLP in hopes of talking to this engineer who was pushing SLP's product, and talking to him about a custom 427.

Let's just say that they wouldn't let me talk to him, nor would they even pass on a message from me to him :bang: Most vendors would be happy to talk to a potential customer who is about to drop a good chunk of money. They acted like I was some cyber-stalker and told me to just keep posting on LS1tech. The technical team I spoke with had generally no idea about the block -- they read to me the same info that was on their site. They don't do any custom work or anything (ie no 427).

They also have a huge disclaimer about warranties, which makes you feel uncomfortable about their product (as in they've had alot of issues with having to warranty stuff).

Anyway, I'm an ex-SLP Car owner ('99 Firehawk signed by Reg Harris and Ed Hamburger) -- and was pretty disappointed by the service I recieved.

-N

·
Registered
858 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
I don't know if I'm supposed to mention them on this board. haha

Ok, I won't meantion them but I will be SlowLy in my Patience.

Problem is. I'm still thinking about buying from them.
There were some negative experiences with the 402 package posted over on LS1 tech...Rings maybe???

I would go with a package from SDPC or one of the supporting vendors here.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts