Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Z06 is one of the World's fastest production vehicles and here's why:

With its 3085 # weight (approximate-weighed on an official scale at the track) and 405 HP, this monster is throwing around 7.59 lbs/HP stock.

With the addition of the SideWinder T1 intake, dynoed now at 369.1 RWHP that changes to 7.096 lbs.HP!!!

If you are figuring this out you might want to change the 3085 to 3081 lbs. since the T-1 is 4 # lighter than the stock intake!

Take your RWHP (369.1) and divide by .85 correction factor. 434.2 HP. The divide that by 3081 lbs.

For comparison, the Viper is approximately 3350 lbs. and 500 HP.

That is 6.7 lbs/hp!!! We have our mission right in front of us.

Every time you add 7 # to your Z06, it is just like losing 1 HP. Adding the T1 intake is like adding 20.5 HP/ 23.5 ft. lbs. torque.
I added .6 HP which is the weight savings equivilant for the 4 lbs. saved over stock.

If you swap out your titanium exhaust for an aftermarket one, you have already lost the equivilant of 3.7 HP with the weight gain. Most aftermarket exhausts strain to bring 5 to 6 HP to the table, so think twice before taking off your $1,500 titanium exhaust.

Onefastdog and I appear to be cut from the same cloth. He told me that he even drains the water from the windshield washer reservior when drag racing. So do I.

BTW, the Z06 manual weighs over 1 # How about that pot belly? Mine is costing me about 3 HP equivilant.
:lol:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
So if I get the gist of this Ex-Lax for some would bring it down to 6.9lb/hp?;) Ric

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Droping 7 lbs is like gaining a horsepower...

Jim, FWIW..I think your informational posts are cool.

Your continual information makes these various sites a pleasure to view..

Point blank..what your saying makes sense but I never had the data till you brought it up in various posts

Your content is interesting and adds to the forum as well as the Corvette sport..

·
Registered
0 Posts
No wonder Sherylann thinks she can beat me in a drag race. She weighs 85 pounds to my 235. :( Guess I need to go on a diet. :eek:

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
And don't forget to take that damn CD out of the radio !! It could be the difference between a kiss from the trophy girl and having to listen to Seymore and the Butts on the way home. :guiness:

·
Registered
94 Posts
HP per Pound

You mention concerns over trading out the stock titanium exhaust system due to possible weight gain from the aftermarket version. Well, perhaps you should consider the Borla XR1 Race system. The titanium mufflers are gone, with only a small single unit behind the cats. I'll bet mine weighs less than stock, with the added benefit of more horsepower.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Very similar to the "100lbs=10hp=.10=1 car length" at or about our power ratings/trap speeds....of course, just a generalization, but a good comparison

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: HP per Pound

TS Cook said:
You mention concerns over trading out the stock titanium exhaust system due to possible weight gain from the aftermarket version. Well, perhaps you should consider the Borla XR1 Race system. The titanium mufflers are gone, with only a small single unit behind the cats. I'll bet mine weighs less than stock, with the added benefit of more horsepower.
$$$$$

Should be a nice mod when they finish. They also have titanium headers on the table.

Jim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts