Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Duffy is telling me that 20x10.5 in the rear will rub and/or stick out. Is he right? 10.5 is the stock width.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
more problems

I just called my dealer and they told me I would not be satisfied with any rims on the Z other than stock because it will cause the DIC to scroll error messages regarding air pressure. Is this true?

My dealer just suggested getting the stock wheels dipped.

Help!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,459 Posts
Re: more problems

jnation said:
I just called my dealer and they told me I would not be satisfied with any rims on the Z other than stock because it will cause the DIC to scroll error messages regarding air pressure. Is this true?

My dealer just suggested getting the stock wheels dipped.

Help!
I assume you're putting this on a Z06? If so, we dont have air pressure sensors like the run-flat cars. So, no problems.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Re: more problems

jnation said:
I just called my dealer and they told me I would not be satisfied with any rims on the Z other than stock because it will cause the DIC to scroll error messages regarding air pressure.
Air pressure?? :-? :-? There are no air pressure sensors on the Z06. :-? :-?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,028 Posts
Try to get in touch with NoMercy. He is running a 19/20 in. setup.

I would assume that you would be ok, as long as you scaled the tire height (sidewall height) down as the rim size increased.

That is the whole plus1 or plus2 idea. Keeping the overall diameter of the tire/wheel combo the same will keep your speedo and odometer accurate.
I'm sure someone will help out if I have misspoken.

chris
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,033 Posts
jnation, chris is right on the $$$. I did 3 months of DD before I ordered my 547's which are being installed next week. Get ready for the long wait and delays like most of us experienced [11 weeks]. Make sure you get them clear coated or chomed. FUBU69/LES :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
Re: more problems

jnation said:
I just called my dealer and they told me I would not be satisfied with any rims on the Z other than stock because it will cause the DIC to scroll error messages regarding air pressure. Is this true?

My dealer just suggested getting the stock wheels dipped.

Help!
Your dealer is an idiot!!:lol:

The Z06 has no air pressure sensors.

Many people have after market wheels on their C5s and they work just fine.

I am changing my wheels set up to better handle the new power. I will be going down to an 18' wheel from CCW and 345 size tires. (Yes it will be tubbed) :D:D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick Daniel is my dealer--BUT

he was on vacation still when I called and got someone that did not know their product. Rick Daniel @ Maxie Price knows his shit---but I got some yahoo on the phone----guys, please do not let the bad info from someone else at Maxie Price give Rick a bad name. Rick knows his stuff.

BTW Rick---how was Destin, FL?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
HRE's Ordered

I saved a few bucks by going through exit28motorsports.com---RG in Dallas says he will delliver them after inspection to my office---RG--get ready--I will have that digital camera in hand--so don't drop your lunch on your shirt that day.:) My wife wants a shot of you and I holding one wheel. Something else for the website no doubt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,213 Posts
Re: HRE's Ordered

jnation said:
I saved a few bucks by going through exit28motorsports.com---RG in Dallas says he will delliver them after inspection to my office---RG--get ready--I will have that digital camera in hand--so don't drop your lunch on your shirt that day.:) My wife wants a shot of you and I holding one wheel. Something else for the website no doubt.
Jeff...I will wear my Z06vette.com Tshirt:)

They are going to be tough looking in those sizes. :D

Thanks again!

RG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RG---Let's race up the Dallas Tollway!

I'm sure you drive well----shit--I'll let you borrow my Tolltag! You have nothing to fear---I am competely stock except for that exhaust plate that you sold me. LOL:guiness:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
FUBU69 said:
Get ready for the long wait and delays like most of us experienced [11 weeks]. Make sure you get them clear coated or chomed. FUBU69/LES :)


I ordered a set of 19" and 20" HRE 547 polished and clear-coated wheels 3 weeks ago. HRE said, I should have it in 4-5 weeks from the time I put in my 50% deposit. Since this is the same wheels as Les', does this mean I'll be looking for 8-9 weeks more before my Z06 jewelry arrives? Man, I can't even wait for 3 more week. I'm getting too anxious.

FUBU69, I love your choice of wheels. :)

Thanks,
Raymond
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,811 Posts
Re: RG---Let's race up the Dallas Tollway!

jnation said:
I'm sure you drive well----shit--I'll let you borrow my Tolltag! You have nothing to fear---I am competely stock except for that exhaust plate that you sold me. LOL:guiness:
This is fun....but 190 is better...tipped over 165 last night in mine...175 to come? :D
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top