Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any HRE wheels on theirs? I have been talking to Mike Duffy at HRE and I really like the high polish 541's. I am wanting 19 & 20 respectively.

Input or comments?

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Nation:

I have always admired the HRE wheels! Mallett and Lingenfelter wheels are made by HRE and if it wasn't for the price, I would have them on my Zee.

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
jnation

Couple of members have HRE's, im sure they will jump in.

JHMO: I love them..............Wish i had um..........................

:cool:

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Hi Jnation; I have spoke with Mike Duffy as well who turned me on to my local dealer. I considered the 541s as well but I thought the pattern too closely resembles the stock Z06 wheels which I could get chromed for a fraction of the HRE price. The 540 is evidently their most popular and I believe Les/FUBU is putting 547s on his. I am leaning toward the 543s. Mike said that I could get them for less money from my dealer than he could sell them to me for, so you might want to check with your local dealer if you have one. Delivery runs 5 or 6 weeks I am told. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mike Duffy sent me three great pics of Z's with three different wheels---I have the pics---where can I post them? I hope they are not too rich for this site.

One is a 2001 red looking nice with stock size ---

The other two are larger---one is a black Z and the other is MY---all 2001.

I really like the larger 19's on front and 20's in back---without lowering her.

WHO CAN I SEND THESE .jpg's too? I can't post----

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I should have my HRE 547's any day. Combine them with Michelin Pilot Sports and you have an incredible set up. Mine are high polished, clear coated with lugs, locks and the mentioned tires. They cost over $6300 clams shipped.:eek: :eek: Be prepared for a minimum of 8-9 weeks for delivery regardless of what anybody tells you. FUBU69/LES

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yes, IMHO, HRE wheels are best out there! I have yet to find a wheel that's built, performs, and most importantly looks better! The quality is absolutely top notch, and that is why you pay so much for them. Like FUBU69 says, you are looking at a long wait(mine's took 10 weeks). Actually, a sales rep. at HRE told me that the 547's are the most popular choice. Although the 545's don't look too bad either.:D Good luck jnation!:cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Holy Dead Thread Batman - This may be the oldest thread resurection in the history of the Internet - but it is also one of the first times I have seen a wheel vendor offer to help out with photos of wheels (hopefully on the cars as well).

How many times dont we see peple crying for "A picture of XYZ Wheel on a MIll Yellow car " etc

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Can't go wrong with HREs. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Sorry guys, I didn't realize the post was so old until after I posted. Love the Blue Z06, clean!
Glad you did - it has brought out some nice "show and tell" displays :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts