Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I picked up the whole HUD package from Gene Culley ($276 shipped!!!) leaving me with only the 11 pin harness that I still have to get. I've sent a couple of emails to Josh on the other forum and still haven't gotten a response. I'm starting to wonder where I can get one. Anyone have any other ideas about where to get or how to fabricate the 11 pin harness???????

Al

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
The experts will chime in but I think I read where someone said there is a computer cable that will work.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
99blackFRC said:
I just hard wired mine in.. desoldered the HUD and switch connectors and had a spool of wire already.
Good idea - I may decide to go that direction.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spoke too soon...Josh wrote me back - got a harness on the way. hopefully I'll get the thing installed this weekend. Thanks for the ideas. Al

·
Registered
161 Posts
Also looking for a source for the harness. Have all the other parts and want to get this mod completed. :cheers:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ok forgive the stupid question (I'm still trying to learn the ins and outs of the Z06 before I buy one in the next week)...but installing the HUD in a non-HUD Z06 is just a matter of buying the necessary parts and the harness and wiring it up? So even non-HUDs are setup for it from the factory?

I'm asking because the 01' that I'm about to buy is a non HUD car. What do I search for on Ebay to find the harness?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts