Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes the phanthom Hurst is in my hands right now.I will install it in about an hour and will have pics and impressions.....Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Hot Dawg

Looking forward to your install report and opinion!

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I finished and here it goes.....first off I never felt the Ripper and Kirben so I have nothing to compare it to except stock.The install was VERY easy....anyone of you guys can do it.I will have pics up in about an hour so you can see it.The Hurst is a real nice piece....very heavy compared to stock.The finished height of the Hurst is very low and the throws are very short.You will need more effort to go through the gears but not much.The Hurst is fairly quiet but a little noisier than stock when on the gas....you mostly hear the engine more.When at a constant cruising speed there was basically no difference in sound compared to the stock unit....very impressed.Remember if you have any questions ask away.....I will have pics up in less than an hour.Oh I did screw up.....When screwing down the shifter knob I kinda stripped the knob so it will move around real easy and there was some slight buzzing sound....but when I squezed on the knob it stopped.So tomorrow I will stop by the dealer to get a new one.
_______

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Excellent Pictures

Gary,

Thanks! The pics have turned out great. I've already saved them so when I get my Hurst I'll have your pics for reference.

Looks good. Now about that stock Knob... LOL Just joking :)

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Great pictures, thanks.

My main question is....does it rattle at all? The only thing I did not like about my ripper was the rattle coming from the knob at WOT. It sounded like it did initially for you because of stripping the knob. Is it rattle-less now? Thanks.

- Charley

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Charley....To me it really doesn't rattle at all.Under acceleration in 3rd gear it rattled or buzzed alittle but when I squezed the shift knob it stopped I am preety sure it is the stripped knob.When at cruising speeds there was no rattling at all.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Great photos!

Thanks a bunch. Nice to see the finished product and hear your immediate reports. Sounds like a nice unit.

Not sure I like the shift boot scrunched up like that but I imagine there's nothing you can do with such a lower height. I suppose an aftermarket boot could be modified to fit better.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Re: Great photos!

Z06VERT said:
Thanks a bunch. Nice to see the finished product and hear your immediate reports. Sounds like a nice unit.

Not sure I like the shift boot scrunched up like that but I imagine there's nothing you can do with such a lower height. I suppose an aftermarket boot could be modified to fit better.
I didn't like the scrunched up look of the boot either. I have a Hurst on order, does anyone know where I can find a shorter boot for the lower height?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shift boot.

I am sure Ken King sells a high quality shorter version and in all colors......oh one more time you will not be disappointed with the Hurst....it rocks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Since I don't have my Z06 yet... I'm not familiar with the console and how it comes apart. Were these instructions included with the shifter?

Great pics and I will use them for reference. I just accepted the order in the Paddock. At least I'll have the shifter before the Z arrives! :cheers: but the wait will drive me insane! :eek2:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Console

I will shoot some more pics later or tomorrow of how to take it apart.You will need two things.....10mm socket and a T-15 torx.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Great review and pics...Thanks! I just added my name to the paddock order list and can't wait to get it!

Zippy :z: :z:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts