Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Can be used for the 2002 ZO6???

In your opinion is that the best one out there?? Is it hard to install?? Is it built better then the original one??:-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
BOBSZ06 said:

Yes, very irritating. You would think they could take the time to at least make a minor change like that to the description to get it correct.
Makes one wonder about the how well the actual product will work.
Old ad copy doesn't worry me. Ater talking to the designer, I feel they will be a welcome addition to our product line along with the Ripper and the Kirban.

RG

·
Registered
568 Posts
I'm not a big Mr. Gasket fan, but they have certainly filled a void for aftermarket parts over the years. Is it all owned by Holley now? I forget how the consolidation of that industry has gone.

I any case, I don't need to wait for a review. Though it is curious that they haven't gotten the units into the hands of serious (and vocal) C5 owners who have Ripper experience.

But really, how hard would it have been to find JUST ONE Corvette club meeting to demo the final unit?? Want some press? Show up with some pizza and a test C5! ;)

I've read enough about the Ripper that I'm pretty sure it would be too heavy for my open track habits. The adjustability of the Hurst seals it for me. If I'm not happy with the unit, I'm sure I can tweak it (I have to use that mill and lathe that compete for Corvette garage space for *something*!).

·
Registered
122 Posts
ANY IDEA ON COST?:-?

·
Registered
878 Posts
hcvone said:
As soon as I install my "trial" "sample" Hurst shifter sitting in my gagrge I will report on how it works. :)
Carl,

Have you installed this yet... how about that report... :D :cheers:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Carl

Have you installed the new hurst shifter yet ? After all the storiesnabout the noise in the other shifters I for one am looking for an alternative. Plus I've always used hurst in my drag racing days. By the way the zaino is great ! :D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ditto above...
Now Carl, put the Zaino down...it's too cold out anyway.
Sounds like several of us are interested in the results.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
CARL...your final answer

RG is on hold waiting for our orders.... :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
BOBSZ06 said:
Hurst won't have the shifter out until the end of Jan. I would expect Carl will have some info. on his by then. Hope so.
Carl hasn't been on this forum for quite some time so I wouldn't wait on any responses from him. I'd check the *other* forum.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath for the Hurst shifter, either. :roll: I'm hoping it's out in time for the C7 Vette.

--pdx_Z

1 - 15 of 15 Posts