Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy all. I'm in the garage, just screwed in a Hurst shifter. I haven't touched the tension springs out of the box. The shifter feels goood, but, reverse is hard as hell to get to. I'm going to burst a tendon like this. I remember a firebird at an auto show with a factory hurst shifter that was like this, reverse was stiiiiif. Is this to be expected? I'm going to play with the springs.

Any input is appreciated!

Cheers,

Colin

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
First time i drove my Z after putting the Hurst in, thought my arm would fall off. After some miles on her, it gets a lot smoother and easier to get over to 5th and reverse. I left the springs in that came with it, thought of changing at first. Now, i'm happy with it just the way it is, give it a little time. my .02

Jack

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is there some kind of reverse lockout if the ignition is off? i turned it on, to look for the reverse lights to check my work you know, and i 'found' reverse. anyway. 5th and reverse are very close. i hope i don't stuff it in R going 100. thanks

cf

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
While driving and shifting into 5th, there is a reverse lockout to stop from missing.:eek:

Jack

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just got back from the shakedown run. i love shakedown runs. this shifter is clicky slick snickety. and i didn't grind any gears :D

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I've got at least 5k miles on my Hurst and while it's a bit "notchy" going into any gear and rev is a bit hard to get into, I'm pretty well used to it now. I put the lightest springs in and took out the stops.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts