Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nice...VERY nice!! :cool: Have you every used another aftermarket shifter to compare the Hurst to? Just curious, Hurst has always made high quality shifters.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Thanks Thx2.net! Great photos. I'll be using them in a couple weeks when I get my Hurst!

:cheers:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
A most excellent installation rendition

Awesome work on the pics and info.

Obviously, I nor Zippy helped you post these pics!

One question:
What type of Permatex Sealant did you use?

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
DY-NO-MITE pics and instructions. Good job brother.

I will most certainly refer back to those pages when I make up my mind whether to buy the Hurst or the B&M. Being an "old time" street racer from the sixties and seventies, the Hurst would be my first choice, if for no other reason than the fact that I've used their shifters in the past.

I wish there was someone out there that has used both the Hurst and the B&M and could post their first hand impressions of each.

ANYBODY:-? :-?

Thanks again for the great install info.

Good luck.

Charlie

·
Registered
945 Posts
Thanks thx2.net! Great photos and instructions, but you spoiled it for me. I was wondering what my shifter would look like with my shifter knob on it. Now I know as we have the same set-up!:cheers: :cheers: :D

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks Thx2net,

I officially nominate you for all "HOW TO JOBS" in the future. It had to take you an extra amount of time to document each step etc. etc. Great job! I'll use your photos/instructions when I get my Hurst in from JB @ exit28, if he ever gets his shipment like he says. No cut to JB here, just with the problems on price and all. I hope he will get his delivery on time from them. He said they would ship it as soon as they got it. Can't wait to get mine in.:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Fantastic pictures, thanks. I hope that the Hurst is just as quiet with the stock shifter.

- Charley

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
02blkZ06 said:
Thanks Thx2net,

I officially nominate you for all "HOW TO JOBS" in the future. It had to take you an extra amount of time to document each step etc. etc. Great job! I'll use your photos/instructions when I get Hurst in from JB @ exit28, if he ever gets his shipment like he says. No cut to JB here, just with the problems on price and all I hope he will get his delivery on time from them. He said they would ship it as soon as they got it. Can't wait to get mine in.:cheers: :cheers:
Just for the record: It's RG not jb.:)

I hope to see more units soon.

RG

·
Registered
3,213 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Thank you for the great install pics! Nice job. :cheers:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Great pics and documentation! Thanx THX2!

I've said it once, twice... well maybe not enough... this is a great site with awesome members!

:z: :cheers: :z: :cheers: :z:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: A most excellent installation rendition

fcalmes said:
Have you every used another aftermarket shifter to compare the Hurst to? Just curious, Hurst has always made high quality shifters.
Wiz357 (Ray) has the Ripper, he took me for a ride it was LOUD. I think the feel of the hurst is similar to the Ripper with the factory springs, but with all the different springs they give you and the amount of possible adjustments, anyone could tune this to their comfort. I played with the springs and ended up going back to the factory springs and 1/2 turn less bias on the tension. Unless you're stopped, you'll NEVER hit Reverse with this shifter.

2nd to third is a dream. I've always had Hurst shifters in previous hot rods of my youth and this one makes the grade.

DJWorm said:
One question:
What type of Permatex Sealant did you use?
Standard Blue RTV - just a tiny dab to hold it in place while I set everything in place. This way I didn't have to worry about anything shifting (no pun intended) while putting in the hex screws. The last thing I wanted to do was drop one of those in the hole. :eek:

The throws are amazingly short and the Hurst with the solid billit knob is just as quite as stock.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts