Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,388 Posts
Ya, not alot of info there :rolleyes:. Guess we should all give them an email or call every week to see what's up. After enough repeated inquiries, they might give you a better answer :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,411 Posts
Why wait when all you'll get is an adjustable sideload?

I'd rather enjoy a Ripper today than wait for a pipe dream like the Hurst has been for over a year now.......

JC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
Don't put too much stock in the non information you receive from minimum wage customer disinformation people whose most important event of the day is waiting for the time clock to strike 5. :sad:

Here is the real skinny which your information person failed to find out. Production assembly will commence the week of 8/27, possibly ready for delivery by the week of 9/3 or 9/10. Now why do I know this ( a college professor with no interest in Hurst) and he didn't? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,388 Posts
SMFCPACFP said:
Here is the real skinny which your information person failed to find out. Production assembly will commence the week of 8/27, possibly ready for delivery by the week of 9/3 or 9/10. Now why do I know this ( a college professor with no interest in Hurst) and he didn't? :confused:
It's now Tuesday, 8/28/01... Has production, in fact, commenced on this shifter? :rolleyes:

-Kirk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
seems the minimum wage person knew his stuff. ;)

i didnt change shifters but if i were gonna, the ripper seems top notch and has been the shifter of choice for years. just seems to me, all this wait... aint worth it.

don

SMFCPACFP said:
Don't put too much stock in the non information you receive from minimum wage customer disinformation people whose most important event of the day is waiting for the time clock to strike 5. :sad:

Here is the real skinny which your information person failed to find out. Production assembly will commence the week of 8/27, possibly ready for delivery by the week of 9/3 or 9/10. Now why do I know this ( a college professor with no interest in Hurst) and he didn't? :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,343 Posts
don527 said:
seems the minimum wage person knew his stuff. ;)

i didnt change shifters but if i were gonna, the ripper seems top notch and has been the shifter of choice for years. just seems to me, all this wait... aint worth it.

don

I sheepishly have to somewhat agree with Don. Here is what one of their engineers said today:

"We are looking at late September. The product manager has been delayed
between vacation and other jobs. Powdercoating is occurring this
week. Everything is ready to assemble as soon as powdercoating is done,
and the boxes and labels are ready as well. Delivery is 3-5 weeks
away. I'll post when we're closer."

Take it with however many grains of salt you wish.

:(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,041 Posts
Sorry, I was just kidding around.

I work in the tech support industry so I kinda had a feeling that kid was just following orders. So I couldn't help the little jab... Years of when I was in the front lines with customers tellin me, "You have no idea, do ya sonny?" :) What they know and what they are ALLOWED to say are two completely different things.

But I was just thinking that for whatever reason they are delaying... I remember when hurst was on the top of their industry and loved seeing their stuff on cars like their hurst olds 442 and others. But that was then and this is now and I feel they just cant be jerking everyone around because they are hurst. Just my opinion.

don

SMFCPACFP said:


I sheepishly have to somewhat agree with Don.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
When I originally posted this thread with Hurst's response, I was somewhat miffed at their attitude and so sent them another e-mail stating my concerns and the fact that there were many on this site potentially interested in their product. I also posted our web address in the event they wanted some confirmation to my statement. There were 5,773 01 Z06s produced with the M12 transmission which differs from the T-56 in other vettes. Perhaps Hurst is just slow to see the market potential in the Z06. I still believe they will produce a product for us but the fact is that when Hurst was independantly owned they were a much more focused business and they held almost all of the market share back in the 60s and 70s when everything I drove had one of their shifters in it. I would have to rate Hurst as having some major management problems nowadays. Just my .02.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
201 Posts
I'm a little confused... :)

I checked in JEGS catalog for a price on the B&M Ripper, and (in the latest catalog) on page 136 found a Hurst "Billet/Plus Shifter" for the 97-01 Corvette 6-speed (part no. 530-391-5085) for $169.99.

Now I understand that the gear ratios in the Z are different, but was there a change to the shifting mechanism such that a (standard) C5 shifter will not work with the car?

So before I buy my B&M Ripper (or the Hurst Billet/Plus), is there a specific part number for the "M12" transmission? It just seems strange that B&M and Kirban were able to produce a Z-specific shifter while Hurst was not, in the short time frame that the Z has been available.

In any event, what's the correct part number for the Z-specific Ripper and where's the best price? :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,213 Posts
jimlab said:
I'm a little confused... :)

I checked in JEGS catalog for a price on the B&M Ripper, and (in the latest catalog) on page 136 found a Hurst "Billet/Plus Shifter" for the 97-01 Corvette 6-speed (part no. 530-391-5085) for $169.99.

Now I understand that the gear ratios in the Z are different, but was there a change to the shifting mechanism such that a (standard) C5 shifter will not work with the car?

So before I buy my B&M Ripper (or the Hurst Billet/Plus), is there a specific part number for the "M12" transmission? It just seems strange that B&M and Kirban were able to produce a Z-specific shifter while Hurst was not, in the short time frame that the Z has been available.

In any event, what's the correct part number for the Z-specific Ripper and where's the best price? :)
B&M and Hurst have one unit that fits all C5 Vettes.

We will be carrying the Hurst by month end, we are told and be able to beat Summits great price, with shipping.:)

RG
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
680 Posts
I Want A Hurst!

RG,
PLEASE email me when the LONG AWAITED (least for me) Hurst arrives....Thanks

John
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top