Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of the long throws on the stock shifter--I want to buy the best out there and I need a phone number or link to make the purchase.

I know it will be between Kirban and B&M--this has been debated before and I think I will go with the B&M....please send me a link or number ASAP!

http://chantalray.homestead.com/z06.html

Jeff Nation
Frisco, TX
Plate 406 HP

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Any of our Supporting Vendors!

Any of our supporting vendors can help.
<--------------- Right over here, to the LEFT
Please spend your $ with them :) :cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Ripper kicks ass! :D

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I've played with the ripper on a C5.How will the Hurst compare: usage (shorter throw, etc...) and pricewise?

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
MSiska,
Said to be about same, slight shorter throw, adj. comparitive pricing..........

Do Check with our forum vendors
<======================

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Hello Jeff. I bought a B&M( from Xtreme Motorsports). Took a couple days to get used to,but absolutely love it now. I would recommend a new knob. I wound up buying a CarbonFiber knob, which is grooved for your fingers and a notch for your thumb. I find with this knob much more positive shifting. And more comfortable than the stock knob. Happy shopping(and shifting)!

·
Registered
638 Posts
I am waiting for the Hurst. Richie said it should be in next week. Sounds trick and the pricing I saw...worth the wait.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No question the Kirban is the way to go!!! It is perfection. It is hands down the best mod I have done on my 02 Z06. The thought of running through the gears is what gets me most pumped up everytime I considered going out for a cruise. Any question feel free to send me an email at [email protected] nick/xmuni

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well, I love my Ripper!! But I have heard great things about the Kirban too.

As an alternative, if you want a shorter stroke, yet the ease of shifting of the stock shifter, I have a solution. Sherylann has a hard time shifting the Ripper. She just isn't strong enough....so, I took a stock shifter, cut it down 1 1/2", rethreaded the shaft and ordered her a new MOMO Combat knob from Exit 28. :D

If you cut down the stock shifter, you will no longer be able to use the stock shift knob unless you have the slot cut with a CNC machine. Although I have access to professional toolmakers to do this for me (they actually cut down the shifter for me), I chose not to. I figured she would like the MOMO better. :cool:

I will follow up with pictures as soon as the knob arrives. I think she is going to love it!!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Watch out Sherylann!

fcalmes said:
I think she is going to love it!!
Frank's bringing gifts:D :eek:

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I have HEARD

That if you run the courses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,go with Kirban, if you run the straights......go with the B &M, and I am wondering if we will ever know about the HURST..........:-?
Dealyhurst, should be it's designated name..............;)

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
I just installed my B & M Ripper tonight. Only took 45 minutes!:D

I was just sick and tired of the "sloppy" stock shifter. The feeling of a 3 foot throw between 2nd and 3rd was nauseating :puke: , ya know?

I do a lot of on-line shop-browsing. I use the Forum vendors. A couple of days ago, I hit the Corvette mall. I shopped across several vendors who were offering shifters. Mainly the Ripper and Kirban, with a select few offering Hurst. There were pricing differences, and low and behold, I ordered my Ripper from L.A.P.D. and only paid $160.00. At the end of the transaction, I was asked to identify my corvette forum and I proudly typed Z06VETTE.com!!!:z: :z: :z: :z:

I really appreciate Frank's comment about the power required to toss the Ripper around. It's not for the faint at heart or for ladies as Sherylann noted. What a cool alternative to cut down the stock shifter!!:cool: :cool:

I have read some very good things about the Kirban and everyone seems to be anxiously awaiting the Hurst.

The result of my install is amazing. I just love this car.:cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
My EB Z06 is on the way in about 3 more weeks and I have a few things as well im thinking about ordering in advance. When contacting the supporting vendors, I assume to let them know im a member of this forum?? Or do I order through the forum by clicking the icons of the vendor or what??

thanks
phil

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
B&M Ripper was installed today! My god what a difference!!

It's like a new car! Now the shift feel equals the steering feel--tight and precise.:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
ripper

i just got done with my friends install of shifter , and its wicked you will love it it is very thight felling but its really nice .. i like the ripper .... the install is very easy too 1/2 hour for me ...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts