Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw oil under the right rear tire yesterday. I was expecting to see a leaking caliper or brake line. As it turned out my shock is leaking oil.

I haven't hit any pot holes that I can remember. Maybe going down I-65 after leaving the Fest. That road is pretty rough! Anyone else have to replace their stock shocks yet because of a blown one?

I have a 7/70 warranty but refuse to take it to the dealer. They dropped a buddies C5 off the lift trying to change oil! :jawdrop:

I guess it's time to pay GM Parts Direct a visit and get some 04 shocks, unless someone out there has a set for sale?

Thanks for taking the time to read

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
KCMAGS said:
Whats up Jub... I've got a pair of rears off my 01. PM me your address if you want them. I'll trade them for a " MY NAME IS JUB JUB " t-shirt. :D
KCMAGS,

You can probably get one of these easy enough there were around seven of us I think that had them. I would give you mine except I gave it to the real one and only Jub Jub! I saw him wear it once so it has been broken in. :D

·
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KCMAGS said:
Whats up Jub... I've got a pair of rears off my 01. PM me your address if you want them. I'll trade them for a " MY NAME IS JUB JUB " t-shirt. :D

Keith, thanks for the offer on the shocks but I think I'm going to order a set of 04 shocks.

No problem on the "My name is Jub Jub" shirt. I've got one coming your way! :thumb:
Keith, thanks for the offer on the shocks but I think I'm going to order a set of 04 shocks.

No problem on the "My name is Jub Jub" shirt. I've got one coming your way! :thumb:

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
jub jub said:

All is good... I was just kidding about the shirt. Everyone knows there is just one & only one JUB JUB.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
jub jub said:
I have a 7/70 warranty but refuse to take it to the dealer.
How the heck are you EVER going to get any warranty work done?

Charlie

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
jub jub said:
Saw oil under the right rear tire yesterday. I was expecting to see a leaking caliper or brake line. As it turned out my shock is leaking oil.

I haven't hit any pot holes that I can remember. Maybe going down I-65 after leaving the Fest. That road is pretty rough! Anyone else have to replace their stock shocks yet because of a blown one?

I have a 7/70 warranty but refuse to take it to the dealer. They dropped a buddies C5 off the lift trying to change oil! :jawdrop:

I guess it's time to pay GM Parts Direct a visit and get some 04 shocks, unless someone out there has a set for sale?

Thanks for taking the time to read
Can I have your broken shock? I want to mount it on the wall in my garage. :screwy:

·
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NYCHASM said:
How the heck are you EVER going to get any warranty work done?

Charlie
Engine work...fagedaboudit! Since it's chassis related, I don't think they would say anything. Actually, there are some dealers that are pretty cool with moded vettes. They just want the warranty work!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
A friend of mine picked up a 99 FRC. He got home and started crawling around under it and noticed both the rear shocks were blown.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
jub jub said:
Engine work...fagedaboudit! Since it's chassis related, I don't think they would say anything. Actually, there are some dealers that are pretty cool with moded vettes. They just want the warranty work!

Yeah !! That should work but you gotta find a better dealer...I am afraid to ask what the dropped one looked like after... :eek:o:
04 shocks are supposed to "the Best" ...don't know why but bet you do :thumb:

Z06 Regards

·
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
maineyak_2000 said:
Yeah !! That should work but you gotta find a better dealer...I am afraid to ask what the dropped one looked like after... :eek:o:
04 shocks are supposed to "the Best" ...don't know why but bet you do :thumb:

Z06 Regards
Put a big gouge in the rocker panel! It wasn't pretty!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
jub jub said:
What I meant to ask was this:

You have a 7/70 but you won't bring the car into the dealer for repair work. If you don't go to the dealer, how the heck do you ever get anything done under warranty?

Charlie

·
21,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
NYCHASM said:
What I meant to ask was this:

You have a 7/70 but you won't bring the car into the dealer for repair work. If you don't go to the dealer, how the heck do you ever get anything done under warranty?

Charlie
I don't! :lol:

Fortunately, I haven't had to...yet! Oh and the 7/70 was a freebie, compliments of the General.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
jub jub said:
I don't! :lol:

Fortunately, I haven't had to...yet! Oh and the 7/70 was a freebie, compliments of the General.
A freebie? :thumb: Who do you know? :D

Charlie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts