Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM had some thing called AutoShow in Motion down here in MD (fedex stadium). You get to test drive ALL their GM products including the C6. I have got to say that the C6 is VERY impresive. I mean i could not get the grin off my face. I had to drive it twice. The 2nd gear in this car seems very vicous. They didn't let us take it to third gear since the track was not that long but it was an intresting curves and i fish tailed the first time i drive an orange one with bald tires. The 2nd one was a yellow one with good tires and man the instructor let me go at it. Handling wise, i will probably give it a little more than my z06. I am afraid that in the hands of an unskilled driver you can reck this car VERY quick. Hopefully the shape of the car will grow on in me few years. I have to say i have MORE respect now for the C6. Very impresive machine. BTW if anyone in MD is interested they are opened until Sunday the 15th. All you need is a driver license and view their video and you are good to go.

Way to go GM.
Gracias!

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
I went thursday at 8:30am. Hardly anybody there. Drove both the 6spd and auto. The guys let me go twice in each and told me to drive as fast as I wanted. I liked them both. Although the 6spd was a little more fun. :D

·
Z06 WinterFest Coordinator
2,865 Posts
I went to the show last month when they were out here!!
I got to drive the GTO on the short autocross-like track that you had to drive before going to the Corvette and CTS-V at the big track. I think I could get used to a CTS-V as a daily! :yeadog: :yeadog:
Like Mike, I went the 1st day and got to drive anything I wanted!
I took a friend out Sunday morning and it was a madhouse :eyes:
I was going to drive a Hummer or BB Silverado while he went for the sports cars! I forgot I was in Truck Country and the lines were extreme :eek: :eek:
But it was pretty funny standing in line behind all the 'blue hairs' to drive the Caddy!! :rofl: :rofl:
I'm not ready to trade away my 'old' Z just yet :cheers: :cheers:

Ken

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yep, that CTS-V was fun also. I also drove the hummer and the GTO... I think i pretty much drove all the sports cars they had out there. I didn't drive no automatics though, those are for sissy's :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts