Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching but can't find the de-carbonizing thread? I just replaced my plugs and it looked like there was carbon (white stuff ) on them and as i hit 40k mark on my 01 Z i want to do the de carbonizing any way. I remmember reading a thread about it using the GM cleaning solution but i cant find it. Please help

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah :) no wonder i could not find it. It was on the "other" forum :)

thanks man you are fast :)

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
yup, thats the way to do it. TEC (top engine cleaner, only the stuff in the metal can....) works wonders, be it a late model fuel injected engine, or an older carbed engine. Its one of my regular maitenence routines on the vehicles. Just a warning after you let it sit and soak in, there's a MASSIVE cloud of smoke that will smoke out your garage or really piss off the neighbors, luckily my neighbor loves the stuff too so he just laughs when I tell him there's a cloud.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MrKool said:
oh yeah :) no wonder i could not find it. It was on the "other" forum :)

thanks man you are fast :)

You are Welcome :z: :z:

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
undertaker said:
yup, thats the way to do it. TEC (top engine cleaner, only the stuff in the metal can....) works wonders, be it a late model fuel injected engine, or an older carbed engine. Its one of my regular maitenence routines on the vehicles. Just a warning after you let it sit and soak in, there's a MASSIVE cloud of smoke that will smoke out your garage or really piss off the neighbors, luckily my neighbor loves the stuff too so he just laughs when I tell him there's a cloud.
Regular maintenance?
So how often should this be done?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just got the stuff on the directions it says to let the liquid sit in teh car for like 15-20 min? The instructions above say to let the car sit over nite? which one is correct? Also do i still use both bottles?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts