Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short it's starting to get warmer here in NY so i decided to drive the Z more. Anyway i was on the expressway and a cobra came up and started playing. So let the games begin right well went at it a couple of times. The second time i hit 4th gear and the car gets all kind of wheel spin and starts coming around. No problem back off a little and straiten her out.Well i get it strait and someone decides to change lanes from the far right to the left lane. I think he saw the cobra coming up on him in that lane and panicked. Anyway i swerve to miss hitting him and i hit the sand on the shoulder and the rest is history. I power slide across all 3 lanes into a ditch and small trees. The car is hurt but not totaled i'm ok a bump on the head and a sore neck.
This was stupid on my part and i'm glad i didn't hurt anyone else. Becareful out there i never thought it would happen to me i've been doing this stuff for 25 years now. It can happen to anyone. Now ??? does anyone know of a good body shop that specializes in corvette's/ fiberglass in NY . Thanks for the time... :bang: :cry:
Eddie

·
Registered
798 Posts
Glad your ok, that is the most important part!! Cars can be replaced.

But this is exactly why you do not race on the streets, it’s an uncontrollable environment and 'stuff' happens and people get hurt. Maybe this will be a wake up call.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
There's a lesson there for all of us. If I could just remember it at the right times. :p

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Glad you are OK....this is why I go to the drag strip and do road courses. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
5,534 Posts
WOW, Glad to hear your ok... I had that happen to me in the past. I hit the sand on Sunrise Hwy and lost it years ago (86' Coupe). Went into a open field by the exit ramp for Robert Moss Parkway...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guy's i'm OK and everyone that has seen the car and the sight of the crash said i'm very lucky. And i now i'm and yes it was a wake up call. It kills me to see the car like that knowing it could have been avoided and i feel stupid. But i didn't hurt anyone else and thats good news. that's what i was concerned about if i get hurt that one thing but i wouldn't be able to deal with hurting Innocent people.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
mcss383 said:
Glad your ok, that is the most important part!! Cars can be replaced.

But this is exactly why you do not race on the streets, it’s an uncontrollable environment and 'stuff' happens and people get hurt. Maybe this will be a wake up call.

Exactly, thats why I quite going to the street races in Dallas, people loose there minds and will pull right out infront of you without any thought. These cars go too fast too quickly for me to cointinue "playing" on the streets like that. The only time I even think about it is when there is no cars on the road either with me or infront of me and no side streets. I cant wait til Tx Motorplex re-opens for the season. Glad your ok though.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sillverbullet,Glad to hear that your ok,did the cobra at least stop to see if you were ok?,I might be able to help with a few good Vette people,pm me ,I will get the numbers for you

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
wow glad you are ok! I hope you had your bump checked out-you would be surprised what smaller hits can turn into head injuries!

did you find a shop to work on your vette? it's composite, not fiberglass so it should be a bit easier to get fixed right vs an older vette:thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Sorry to here about your wreck and glad you didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You guys never learn. You wont learn until you kill someone. Stop the f**kin street racing!!

All in all I am glad you're ok.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Someone upstairs is trying to get your attention. Lesson learned, I hope the car and you will be ready to go riding soon. You are very, very lucky or blessed which ever works for you. Save the racing for a track event somewhere. If somebody ever got killed or injured because of a little fun on the street you would never enjoy driving again.
Driving is a privilege only do not abuse it or you will lose it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad you're okay. My wife & I came up on a fatal accident on the x-way driving home 2 nights ago. It had just happened (10pm Wed. night and the cops/ambulance hadn't yet arrived).

6 cars, 2 fatalities. 1 was laying directly in front of my car in the middle of the road. We sat there for about 45 seconds with nothing between us & the body. VERY FRIGHTENING SCENE. We learned by watching the news that he walked right into traffic and was run over. Then a semi stopped to help and a car hit the semi from behind, killing the driver of the car. I275 North bound @ 6 mile in livonia, MI.

Enjoy your cars but please, please be careful. We all know life can change (or end) in the blink of an eye. please save it for the track.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Glad your OK man! :thumb: No more palying on the road for me, too many variables that I don't have control of. :yeadog:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad you're OK..can understand your wanting to drive the "Z"..the winter has been long and the slightest bit of warmth gives us all the urge, but gotta be careful. Went out today (nice day finally 50 degrees in NY) and with little throttle, cold tires she decided to wander. These machines are strong. Save the racing for the track. The car can always be repaired. Wish I could give you the name of a shop. Be safe

1 - 20 of 34 Posts