Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought this day would come but I now have a magnuson IC supercharger planted on top of the Z. It took about 4 to 5 weekends (usually a few hours on a Sunday when I could squeeze the time in), but it's done. There were a few moments when I thought :cen: what did I get myself into here. My favorite phrase was "honey! I have a fifty thousand dollar car in my garage I just tore apart and may not be able to get put back together!" :drunk: But after several calls to Magnuson and several drinks of Makers Mark to calm my nerves, I got the project done. The Z started up on the first turn of the key. Man , was I excited. I got it to start. :jammin: I followed the installation to the T. That "cracker jack of a tuner" that everyone does not like did just fine. The superchips tuner was tuned to my mods and vin no. Before the kit was put together I was to list all mods and write down my vin no. on a form which was sent to Magnuson to program into the superchips programer. I had no issues or codes or rough idling or pinging. Car did great and ran strong. I did not understand "rev limiter" until I WOT after the install. I thought I broke the damn thing when I hit it. I never hit that rev limit when the car was stock. Talk about torque. This Z has it now. Car ran smooth and strong. What else can I say? This is a dream come true. I did this all myself with a little elbow grease from the wife to center the SC on the block. I am probably NOT going to get a tune outside of the Superchip tuners aside from what I have been told on the forum. If I am leaving 20 to 30 HP on the table then so be it! :lol: It would not have been me who added that extra HP anyway. I want to say "I did this myself", headers, catback, brakes, and now the maggie! :ity: :jammin: Ok. Enough gloating. THIS CAR ROCKS WITH MAGGIE ON TOP :jammin:

Thank you ANDY at A&A for the excellent service and your TIME! ( I bought the magnuson from A&A :) )

Thank you Magnuson products (Simon, Tony, and all you who I did'nt get a name ) for your time and expertise when I got stuck. These guys are great!

Thanks Z06Vette for introducing me to MODS! :jammin: :lol:

THank my wife for letting me blow a wad on this "silly" project in the name of speed! I love you!

O yeah! And Mom and Dad for having me! :lol:

BEFORE :(

AFTER :)

:ity: :ity: :ity:

Hood is on order. Going with the SC MCM from Vette Essentials. :) Thanks Mr Ken King.

Valve covers are on order too. From LPE.

All these vendors are site approved!! So no editing. ( I should get Zmiles for my contributions, indirectly of course :lol: )

Gotta get me a set of Nittos now.

Will post pics of the hood, wheels, tires, etc... when i get them installed. :)

to be continued..... :z:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Looking Good :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Great Job ! I know it really makes you feel good when you can say I did it myself !

Rob :yeadog:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Looks great, and the good thing, is you got to drive it down the street with the hood off, like the good old days!!!

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Excellent job, Robert. I must say I am impressed. I admire willingness to tear into a 50k car and do what you set out to do!!:thumb:

:z:

Who said corvette guys were just a bunch of middle aged balding waxers!?!?!?:D

-Tony

·
Premium Member
9,755 Posts
Way to go, I salute you. That is a pretty daunting DIY - there are so many things you can screw up.
Congrats on a job well done. Enjoy your new found power.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
A great big congrats to you. I have alot of respect for a person that ain't afraid of busting a knuckle or two. Now go have some fun. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Congrats :) :) :)

I know the feeling well as I installed mine a couple of years ago. When it fires up it is such a rush :) :)

For those contemplating doing-it-yourself it is relatively easy if you take your time & follow instructions to the "T".

Here is what I did during my install ==> Click Here

George

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Way to go Robert...congrats man!! :jammin: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Great report and congratulations on taking on a project of that magnitude.

I had one on mine and really enjoyed it but didn't install myself.

Pat :thumb:

·
21,365 Posts
Congrats Robert on a job well done! Because you did such a fine and outstanding job, you may buy me a beer at the fest. :lol:

Enjoy the new power! :cheers:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
That's great Robert! I have a couple of small mods that I need installed and I think I just found a way to get it done on the cheap. :D :lol:

1 - 20 of 65 Posts