Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
... ;) - remember the shit storm that started the last time I posted a topic with this title..

If this all old news then delete - if not, prepare for great gnashng of teeth hair pulling by C6 Z06 owners ;)

A spy I know on the ground has snapped these pics.

It would seem that your Grandma is going to be quite confused in the upcomgin seasons :)

In what looks to be a repeat of the ZR1 to LT4 visual update fiasco, the C6 Z06 body profile and wheels are being shared - already ;)

I will provide the editorial that ccompanied these images once permission has been granted :)

The pics may or may not remain up for a while.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
What is that? Is it a test mule? Looks like it has some "add on" flares on the back of a base coupe. Top comes out and not an "fixed top".

Spill the beans, what's up with it?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Jofu said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Damn you RC45, you trouble maker!!! :D :pp:

:cheers:
Geoff
That just great :lol:

·
Registered
372 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
What is that? Is it a test mule? Looks like it has some "add on" flares on the back of a base coupe. Top comes out and not an "fixed top".

Spill the beans, what's up with it?
I think he's talking about C6 owners putting C6 Z06 wheels on to try to look like a Z06? :-?

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
BBaxR6 said:
I think he's talking about C6 owners putting C6 Z06 wheels on to try to look like a Z06? :-?
Oh. Doesn't that car if manufacturing plates on it? I was thinking it's a test mule. It has some sort of stick on flares in the back. I don't think anyone could get any C6 Z wheels yet.

Btw, I don't care for the black rims on that LB car, but to each their own.

·
Registered
469 Posts
It's a blue Corvette with black rims, so therefore it is obviously the Blue Devil :crazy:

But yes... Norm is right... those are Michigan manufacturer plates.

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
surprise!!!
???

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is our spy's blurb:

A C6 targa top was seen touting Z06 wheels; which needed a protruding rear arch to house the massive 315's, brakes, and suspension moving through Brighton, MI

The exhaust is definately reworked with this package as well, as it boasts a louder, and deeper rumble then the mighty 427 CID packs at low RMPs,(read, still likely to be the 6.0 liter LS2) and likely less required throttle vs. noise. i presume that this may include a reworked intake, exhaust, and ECU... likely to bump power output above a C5 Z06.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
DavidNJ said:
Well, the steering wheel is also standard 2006 fare.
So the Z06 steering wheel is in the C6 Coupe now?

·
Registered
10 Posts
i know the 3 spoke is in the '06 tiptronic; so why not the manuel as well? it saves on production costs to keep some parts the same; and sports cars have a tendency lately to move to 3 spoke wheels

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice - so wide fenders and a scoop endowed front bumper will be next ;)

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well - whether 315, 325, 345 or wooden wheels, the actual point of the post was the overall uniqueness of the car.

*shrug*

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
What I see is a modified C6 coupe NOT C6-z06!! Did it have a scoop in the font? It does NOT have the rear spolier the Z06-C6 has.

SO.. a modified rear wheel well. Bigger rear tires? And different exhaust.

I guess GM is just trying different things ..

-Bill. :sneaky:

·
Registered
78 Posts
RC45, My post wasn't intended to offend you, but to simply point out a mistake made by your source. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen c5 owners put C5-ZO6 rims as well as the rear brake ducts on c5 hardtops to make them appear to be Z's. I thought that was the intent of your post, that there was already aftermarket parts available to make the c6 look like the C6 ZO6.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i suppose its easy to think back in ZR1 days when they were 315's opposed to the 325's that are on it now... ive heard some people calling it a C6 SS, and others a C6 GS... time will tell.

the picture is shared due to its uniqueness... no, its not a Z06, and its not a standard C6 either...

anyway, a year a few months back, this photo leaked GM
and apparently got somebody fired...
so this car is the fruit of that 'tub' that people thought was the Z06
and for those suggesting those aren't Z06 brakes...
"have you looked at them closely in person?" i have
;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts