Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks again Les for the testdrive... I felt that was EXTREMELY nice of you considering we just met the other day for the first time!

My thoughts on the '02...

Sun was just about gone, about 8pm, and we met at Starbucks but there was enuff light that I could tell before even getting out of the car Les had Zainoed the car. I go to shake his hand and he puts his keys in my hands immediatlely. YIPEE!!

I first check the Exterior. Not as deep as NMB but a DEEP RICH blue and it was sparkling from the Zaino. I like the beefier '02 rims. Les likes the '01's better. I'd like to have one set of each for whatever mood I'm in /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I get in the car and notice the subtle difference like the HUD Controls but other than that it looks like my '01 with Mod Red. BTW, the Mod Red looks great with the EB... I wouldn't get a Z06 without the Mod Red.

I turn the key, HUD lights up... neat. 40 miles on the odo! I don't know if it was immediately apparent at startup or when I start to drive off, but the exhaust is soooo SWEET! It's throatier and has a deeper, lower tone. I'm Jazzed! Les points out the stiffer clutch and yes it is a tad firmer but after I start cruising, I don't even notice the difference. But that exhaust... NICE! It feels that the removing of the pups and possibly the intake change make the car feel like its breathing a little freer than my '01 but I think it has more to do with the pups gone. I think once its broken in and dynoed, you'll see that power has increased a little over the entire range. I didn't want to push it in such a new motor.

Didn't tell the difference in braking but I was too excited to get everything in my mind but Les does say there is more brake dust buildup.

I noticed the little changes like the center console latch... not a CLUNK like the '01 makes... a little refinement there.

The ride... BIG DIFFERENCE!!! The new shocks are awesome and if that is the only suspension change they relly did to make such a change, I wanna change mine. The car went over the same roads that I go over with my '01 so smoothly. Where you could feel the bumps more pronouncely on my 01, it does 'glide' over them, in turn making the cockpit MUCH more quieter and SMOOTHER (I can't emphasize this enuff).

I know they say there is a cam change but at cruise, you can't tell the diff and I think it is also contributed to the new suspension. We were talking that they must have put in some sound insulation. It is THAT apparant.

Unfortunatly, my ride had to end and I returned her to Starbucks and gave the keys back and had to go home... It was thundering a little and our wives were gonna kill us if we stayed out any later /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I'd write more if I can and maybe add some more details... but I'm hungry and gonna get a bite. If I can add anything else I will.

Les and I will dyno our cars soon but agree with Les he should get some more miles on her so prob will do it in a week or two.

Thanks again Les. Awesome of you. Gotta get together again... maybe Towers in a week or two.

Note... I want to get rid of the pups and really change the shocks... I think the wife would even love the latter change.

Another note: I may have to try that Zaino. Seeing is believing.

Don

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Don, it was my pleasure. Like our Big Brutha Frank always preaches that is what this GREAT forum is all about. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif FUBU69/LES

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
0 Posts
HEY!!! GET OUT OF MY CAR!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Can't wait to meet up with you guys in October!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Les is super people!! Love him like a brother!!

Thanks for the report Don. Looking forward to seeing that beauty. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
255 Posts
don527, great write-up and the exhaust is soooo sweet on this car.

FUBU69, again congrats on your EB Z06 and you must be a special person to let a forum brother test drive your car. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I only have 62 miles on mine so far and don527 I just finished today my first use of Zaino Z1,Z2 & Z6, this stuff is fantastic and smeals good too. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

It's offically my 50th birthday oday and must get bach to family and friends. I am feeling no paain and I can sleep in tommorrow.

Good Night to all and Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
All this Zaino talk is making mt /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif Les I have to get you some of this super secret Zaino that I have been holding for my Z06, only because that way I will make sure that Frank is sitting in the passenger seat on the ride to Ecklers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Great post Don!!!

**FOR SALE** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **FOR SALE**
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Carl, top secret Zaino? Now your talking! Wait till you see how the old stuff works on the EB! Don saw the difference before and after with just 2 coats. The Ecklers event keeps getting sweeter. Let me know if you need me to pick you up at the airport. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif Les

·
Registered
0 Posts

On 2001-08-15 21:51, hcvone spewed forth this drivel:
I will make sure that Frank is sitting in the passenger seat on the ride to Ecklers. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Your butt!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Les, let Carl walk!! LMAO /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
JC, Come on down! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I'm not going into the office for the next 2 months to rest up for the festivities! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif LMAOL!!! Les

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Should we bring bail money?? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
165 Posts
Les........what a nice guy you are! I met with Frank today. He loaned me his banner for my NCM delivery. He is looking forward to the ride in "his" new EB ZZZZZZZZ when he visits you.

Don, great report....sweng///

Carl....I l o v e Zaino. First used it on my daily driver '01 SS. Now with 30 or so coats.....nothing will sit on the hood without sliding off! The shine gets deeper and brighter. I am sure Les' new EB just jumps-out-at-ya. It is hard to explain why more coats (thin coats,by the way)makes a difference but it does.

I think you guys are GREAT........Best FORUM and members on the NET!!!!!

Regards,
Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree with this being the best forum on the net. Even though I don't know any of you guys, you still seem like my family, I know you guys are there to talk to if ever needed and we all have a similar hobby

·
Registered
0 Posts
We Be FAMILY!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It's the Brotherhood, man!! Not just these great cars we love. It's the Brotherhood!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Frank, you know *I* wouldn't need bail money, when the cops came I'd just say the old guys kidnapped me /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

JC

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm glad everyone liked the writeup. No Motor Trend BS here. Just the honest facts /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Simple said, This is a really great forum with a really great bunch of men and women.

On 2001-08-15 23:02, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
We Be FAMILY!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

It's the Brotherhood, man!! Not just these great cars we love. It's the Brotherhood!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
wantz06, check out this thread and look for poster/moderator hvcone [Carl]. Click on to his web sie and order. I have a little extra that I can spot you until yours arrive. Scott this stuff IS the real deal and can help you with the initial application. I have thrown or given away several jars of high end waxes that I had used in the past. Zaino is a polish not a wax. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Email me [email protected] /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gifFUBU69/LES

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Great write up... but when I read it, the anticipation only gets worse... /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Pat, come on down BRO! I have the perfect perscription for your pain! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Les /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

1 - 20 of 34 Posts