Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine (Mako) went bigtime and purchased the Katech C5R street 427 engine and had Morgan Motorsports (one of Halltech's dealers) drop it in his 2001 Z06.

I'll get the dynos from Mike Morgan, but this ride should be pretty sweet.

I will have this car at Halltech on Saturday Morning, if anyone local wants to come by and check it out.

The Halltech TRIC is onboard, as well as our ported throttle body.

MMS dynoed the car with the BBK 80mm TB and then our ported Halltech TB. We won. Our dyno results have shown the same results on our 2002.

The filter is going to be changed this weekend to our Z1000 PS Race filter.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Will there be some 1/4 mile times available? I would love to see the results. What an exciting ride.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Hey Jim, since it's a new motor, will you have to drive it EASY:D :D :D :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone is welcome

Coffee and donuts, just like the cops. Maybe my daughter will show up!

We start the T-1 project, and welcome all.

Jim

·
Registered
10 Posts
Time and place?

btw, I know where there's a Lingenfelter 427 aluminum-block Z06 for sale if anyone's interested. Completely set up for road racing....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
At Halltech

15561 Product Lane, Unit D-11
Huntington Beach, CA

How much on the Lingenfelter 427?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Saturday Visit to Halltech

Hey, who said anything about you driving? We will have to see... .

Only the C5R block was purchased from Katech.

MMS built and installed the entire engine.

MMS did several different setups, starting with SAE 516rwhp and 507rwtrq (11.8:1 + CR, and 91 octane was not enough) through cats and exhaust.

We ended up changing mufflers for quiet cruise, lowering the compression ratio to about 11.2:1 and through cats when the engine was new it was SAE 498.9rwhp and 485.8rwtrq. I suspect with about 2000 miles on the motor it has loosened up a few ponies, but no new dynos yet. All dynos are on the MMS Dynojet 248C Chassis Dyno and SAE.

This car is much too fast for the street. I NEED to get to the track!

FYI: MMS is working on an even wilder (more race-specific) set up now for a different car that I predict will be more like 525rwhp and 515rwtrq! (my guesses only)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a reminder this is all happening tomorrow @ 9:00 am

@ 15561 Product Lane Unit #D-11
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714) 379-8200:D :D : :cool:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Saturday Visit to Halltech

Mako said:
Hey, who said anything about you driving? We will have to see... .

Only the C5R block was purchased from Katech.

MMS built and installed the entire engine.

MMS did several different setups, starting with SAE 516rwhp and 507rwtrq (11.8:1 + CR, and 91 octane was not enough) through cats and exhaust.

We ended up changing mufflers for quiet cruise, lowering the compression ratio to about 11.2:1 and through cats when the engine was new it was SAE 498.9rwhp and 485.8rwtrq. I suspect with about 2000 miles on the motor it has loosened up a few ponies, but no new dynos yet. All dynos are on the MMS Dynojet 248C Chassis Dyno and SAE.

This car is much too fast for the street. I NEED to get to the track!

FYI: MMS is working on an even wilder (more race-specific) set up now for a different car that I predict will be more like 525rwhp and 515rwtrq! (my gueses only)
I gots to know! (From Dirty Harry) New TB is waiting.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Halltech said:
Just a reminder this is all happening tomorrow @ 9:00 am

@ 15561 Product Lane Unit #D-11
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
714) 379-8200:D :D : :cool:
Jim,

How did it go?? Hope ya had fun..........

Rod

1 - 19 of 19 Posts