Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know I haven't been around alot lately, but I've been pretty busy. I thought I'd share my latest addition to the Vette.
I decided to add some STOP FAST to my GO FAST. I added the Stage 3 Brake pkg from DILUSI MOTORSPORTS. I thought my car stopped like stink before, but now... OH MY GOD!!! These brakes are Nucking Futs!!
Here are the specs on the pkg I put on my car.

Front= Wilwood 6 Piston Billet Aluminum Calipers w/ 13.68" x 1.25" Cross-Drilled Rotors & SS lines.

Rear= Wilwood 4 Piston Billet Aluminum Calipers w/ 13.45" x 1.00" Cross-Drilled Rotors & SS lines.

The whole set up weighs 16 lbs LESS than the stock brakes. Lighter is better. ;) They fit perfectly with the stock wheels. The rotors have been Zinc washed. I had the rotor hats anodized Red(you can get 'any' color except white) & I chose a fairly aggressive Street/Track type pad from Performance Friction.
This set up is supposed to stop from 60 MPH - 0 in 86 ft.!!! :crazy:
From the feel of it, I don't doubt it. We are going to get some hard #'s through direct testing sometime in the next few weeks.The car stops MUCH harder than stock & fade is NON-EXISTANT, even after prolonged use. These are the same brakes that SW has on his White FRC that one the Texas Triathlon the last couple of years. They have everything from full "Race" pkgs like mine, to just stock rotor & pad replacements & anything in between. I also added T1 sway bars(that i had powder-coated Red like the stock calipers) & end links to my suspension.
Here is a link to their web site.. http://WWW.DILUSI.COM

Here are some pix. What d'ya think.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thx

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Here's some pics of the Caliper, the front & rear rotors, from the front & back side & the stock rotors for comparison.

·
Z06 Maniac!!
1,541 Posts
Darth, they sure look purdy! I bet they work even better. I do have one question though, why did you go with drilled instead of slotted rotors? I have always heard drilled crack at the track. Have they solved that problem? I hope so, because these do look sweeeet. :cheers:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rippied.Z06 said:
Darth, they sure look purdy! I bet they work even better. I do have one question though, why did you go with drilled instead of slotted rotors? I have always heard drilled crack at the track. Have they solved that problem? I hope so, because these do look sweeeet. :cheers:
Thx Rippied, I wanted the cross-drilled because of the look, I don't think I'll have a problem at the track with these, but if I do, all I have to do is swap the rotor itself. Takes about an hour, tops. :cool: No Biggie.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Those be some bad bitches! :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Look AWESOME MAN!! Would like some, how much were they? If you dont care to share that is.....:)

Andy
02 T/R Z06

·
Registered
568 Posts
That is a cool setup.. I love the holes, but I'd have to go for slots instead.

There are definitely concerns/questions regarding what this will do to the ABS calibration. The larger rotor increases the leverage that the pad has. So it takes less pad force to generate the same amount of brake power. ABS calibration is tricky business.

My sources tell me that the stock 'vette calipers are very good.

I think the hot price/performance setup is to run good rotors and hats and adapt the stock caliper to the larger diameter. I'll be looking into that project when the hobos get done with my Z..

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
This particular set up is only about $5200 + installation. not bad at all. Especially when compared to $10K+ for the BAER Alcon's.:eek:

For those of you that don't want to spend that kind of cheese, they do have just a stock sized Rotot/Hat/Pad replacement that utilizes the stock calipers that still works great but will save you some$$ & still get you the "look".:cool: They just did a set for a guy with a EB Z06 & they anodized the hats Blue(almost a perfect color match to the Electron Blue) that is friggin GORGEOUS!!

I have had absolutely ZERO problems with my ABS system & as far as I'm aware, neither has anyone else with this set up. Actually it works pretty damn well.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Very nice, some of the best eye candy I have seen :)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
No Mercy! said:
I just hope they will fit under my wheels!!! ;)
Mercy, you could probably go even BIGGER if they made them!
Don't you have 18's and 20's?:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I am really diggin the way you car looks with the big binders on them. Do you know how much the big rotor/ stock caliper kit is that you mentioned. I'd just like to look at either the big brake kit, or at least upsizing my rotors.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts