Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished up the install of my new magnacharger this weekend. I am proud to say, I did it myself. I would say the hardest parts were getting the rack and pinion out and getting a drill to fit for pinning the crankshaft.

Pics of the install here

I sent the computer to the vette doctors for tuning. I had them tune it for headers, x-pipe(no cats) and exhaust i got from Stainless Works. I had the stock exhaust still on after got the magnacharger on. The car ran like crap! I didnt think the exhaust could cause that much of a problem. I put on the exhaust system yesterday and now my car screams!!! It is very loud, awesome aggressive sound.

You better believe I will have video and audio clips soon. Going to the dyno tomorrow to see some numbers, but mostly to check a/f. I will most likely need to get one more tune for it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Congrats on the new found power :cheers:

Watch out with the mag .... it rubs on some of the hoods and might need some grinding to get it to fit right. BTDT and was not too happy 'bout it.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Congrats! Looking forward to the video clips. :coo:

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I got blown too!

And it didn't cost me a dime!! :jammin:

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Hey Adam...Looks Awesome...Thanks for all the pics....Enjoy and careful with that foot :eek:o:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Lets all note the some blowers are better than others both cost and quality-wise... :)

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats, Nothing like the enjoyment you get from doing it yourself. :cheers:

·
Registered
830 Posts
Well how long did it take? Thanks for sharing I considered Carmen doing the Job But I didn't want to change my hood. BTW which hood are you installing?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Louis Rivera said:
Well how long did it take? Thanks for sharing I considered Carmen doing the Job But I didn't want to change my hood. BTW which hood are you installing?
I put on the ACI High Rise Hood. (Attention: Be careful if you use your window wipers. On the drivers side, it chiped the hood at the highest point on the wiper.)

It took about 14 hours or so. The reason it took so long was that:
A: I know very little about working on cars.
B: I kept having to go and find tools I didnt have.

All in All, not much to it.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Congrats on the install! It's a great feeling when you build it yourself :)

You should consider a tuner that will adjust your car on the dyno. IMO, you'll get a much better tune than just a mail order setup.

My tuner and I went through a lot of iterations of programs before settling on the final tune with the #s in my signature. It was several hours of dyno time and was worth it.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Wow! What a coincidence! I just finished installing mine this past weekend too! :jammin:

Hope you can make it to the fest this year. Would like to exchange notes. :z:

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks dave. How you coming with the website stuff?

As far as the fest, i will have to wait alittle longer until i know, but i want to go!

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Congrats on you installing your Maggie. I didn't install mine but have to admit if I ever get another I'll have to give it a shot. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts