Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldnt be any happier with them, Sounds amazing, Im all about power but after listening to this I dont even check for extra power, I just love listening to them, My setup is Kooks long tubes without cats and the stock TI, I dont throw much codes execpt P0420 H C and P0430 H C, is this because of Cats missing?

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Congrats Luis!! :cheers: And probably the codes are because of no cats. You need tuning my bro. :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
You need to edit out the following codes
P0137 - Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0138 - High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0140 - Left Rear 02 Open
P0141 - Left Rear 02 Heater Open
P0420 - Left 02 CAT test
P0157 - Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0158 - High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0160 - Right Rear 02 Open
P0161 - Right Rear 02 Heater Open
P0430 - Right 02 CAT test

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
hey luis what happened? I was reading the thread where you were going with the LG LTs? What made you decide for kooks? I am in the same boat and have my heart set on LG's but hate the extra cash out i do plan to get cams later on so i don't know if kooks will help me later or the LGs :( tough decision

good luck with your setup though you need to bring it to the BK car show next sat so i can hear ur setup as well as Ed's.

·
Registered
143 Posts
MrKool,

I'm also shuffling LG LTs vs Kooks LTs in my head. The LGs are about 400 to $500 more expensive and I still dont know why are they more expensive?

Is there anyone who can tell us why should we (if we should) cough up the extra cash for the LGs instead of the less expensive Kooks?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Kooks are good headers. but they are not of long-tube design. Kooks headers are mid-lenght tube design. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Hitman1 said:
MrKool,

I'm also shuffling LG LTs vs Kooks LTs in my head. The LGs are about 400 to $500 more expensive and I still dont know why are they more expensive?

Is there anyone who can tell us why should we (if we should) cough up the extra cash for the LGs instead of the less expensive Kooks?

well from what i have researched it looks like that LG's do give you more HP but the main diffrence is torque LG's give atleast 10-15 more lbs of torque also i think with Cam install the diffrence between LG and non LG headers becoems even greater but i am trying to conforim all this in another thread but so far i am still looking.

·
Registered
308 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I couldnt be any happier with them, Sounds amazing, Im all about power but after listening to this I dont even check for extra power, I just love listening to them, My setup is Kooks long tubes without cats and the stock TI, I dont throw much codes execpt P0420 H C and P0430 H C, is this because of Cats missing?
Gottem! Throw some Borlas on, and you will hear them better! :yeadog:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
MrKool said:
well from what i have researched it looks like that LG's do give you more HP but the main diffrence is torque LG's give atleast 10-15 more lbs of torque also i think with Cam install the diffrence between LG and non LG headers becoems even greater but i am trying to conforim all this in another thread but so far i am still looking.
It's the torque that really makes the difference. :thumb: And at least one site vendor who installs them all, has said they are clearly the best built headers out there. Now that does not mean the others are not well built, just that LG's are overall the best. Good Luck on your decision, hard to go wrong with either choice.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IT L GO said:
You need to edit out the following codes
P0137 - Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0138 - High Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0140 - Left Rear 02 Open
P0141 - Left Rear 02 Heater Open
P0420 - Left 02 CAT test
P0157 - Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0158 - High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
P0160 - Right Rear 02 Open
P0161 - Right Rear 02 Heater Open
P0430 - Right 02 CAT test

thanx, I think you mean edit those codes when tuning, Right?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
thanx, I think you mean edit those codes when tuning, Right?
Yep :blush:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MrKool said:
hey luis what happened? I was reading the thread where you were going with the LG LTs? What made you decide for kooks? I am in the same boat and have my heart set on LG's but hate the extra cash out i do plan to get cams later on so i don't know if kooks will help me later or the LGs :( tough decision

good luck with your setup though you need to bring it to the BK car show next sat so i can hear ur setup as well as Ed's.

I was going with LGs for sure but I found a good deal for used set of kooks, From research I did stock set up Kooks or LGs would give almost exact results, some said the LGs would give 1-2 hp more below the power curve, But now with these responses you guys are making my stomach hurt :cry: because I wanted the most power out of it as I could, but as long as I get 380rwhp I'll be happy :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jub jub said:
Amen! Borlas will wake things up!

Congrats on the headers. You're going to love them. :thumb:

I love them already, Borlas wont do it for me, quieter for me the better, my setup now is just a bit louder on start up then stock, After a minute it actually gets quieter (smoother) sounding then stock, at cruise speeds it's quieter then stock, at WOT anywhere it is WAY louder, but WAY better, I cant believe how much better it sounds :yeadog: I was just looking for power but after I cranked her up I havent stoped listening to the sound

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I was going with LGs for sure but I found a good deal for used set of kooks, From research I did stock set up Kooks or LGs would give almost exact results, some said the LGs would give 1-2 hp more below the power curve, But now with these responses you guys are making my stomach hurt :cry: because I wanted the most power out of it as I could, but as long as I get 380rwhp I'll be happy :yeadog:
To make u feel better, many of the drag racing guys I know run kooks headers.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Couto1981 -

I could not agree more. Kooks are simply the best headers on he market in terms of quality and performance.

Here are my Kooks 1-7/8" on a 427 C5R: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I hit 390 with the kooks 1 7/8ths, catless, vararam (I dont think it does anything on the dyno), and a pulley.

The car sounded AWESOME with the TI catback and the headers/off road pipe. Try a rev matched downshift into the 4k rpm range, and let the car deccel in gear. The pops and bangs are intoxicating.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Hey Luis,

Congrats on the headers. I am still saving up for my LG's. Hey have you been behind your car yet without the cats on? Man it smells awfull. Looks like the tune is next. I will have to hear it at the fest. Take care, Don

1 - 20 of 22 Posts