Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer finally called yesterday and I picked her up at 5:00 pm.Sweeeet,electron blue absolutely beautiful and in perfect condition.Ok,here we go.My wife followed me home which is about 10 miles from dealer.She jumps in for maiden voyage.I opened it up a little on highway and scared her to death.Don't get me wrong,I didn't hammer it,just eased on throttle.It took off like a rocket.About 10 minutes into our ride it began to rain,so I flipped on the wipers....and then it happened.The washer cap on end of wipers popped off sending cap,springs and who knows what else flying in my wife's lap!!! When this happens,washer fluid squirts and wipers run... and run ...and I can't shut them off.After about 2 minutes I run out of washer fluid, I pull over, gather up the pieces,and try putting them back together to no avail.I whip out the manual.Fortunately by this time it has quit raining.I figure out where the fuse is,pull it [so I don't burn up washer motor] and haul ass home before it starts raining again.I took it to dealer this morning and they didn't have part,They, have to over nite it from Atlanta so i get a rental.Now here I sit talking to ya'll.But that was the best damn 42 miles i've ever driven.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats on the new Z Nitro!! :cool:

Sorry to hear about the little problem, hope they get you back up and running soon. Sweet car isn't it?? :D

G

·
Congrats!

If that is the worst of your problems, you are doing great!

The washer guy must have been on a smoke break during your car's build?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'm going to check that on mine this AM. Thanks for the heads up. Sorry you had this happen.:(

·
Registered
76 Posts
Damn, sounds like a small problem, but I'd be pissed!! :mad:
Hope you're back in the driver's seat soon.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Grasshopper, Small things only become big things if you want them to. Congratulations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts