Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the ripper arrived today thanx to shawn at LAPD and his overnite delivery from CA. to NJ.:D

Talk about the gears now being just a click and I do mean a click away,I highly recomend it over the stock row like shifter.

Had I known that this was what I was in store for I would of bought one the day my Z06 came to the dealer..

It's not that I dont like the excercise of rowing with the stock shifter but now im just clicks away from shaving 10th's off my 1/4 mile times..

As for noise I hear and feel nothing more then how the stock shifter sounded except for the feel of the click to the next gear of course.Effort feels the same except just a tad more to get into reverse..

The RIPPER is highly RECOMMENDED by Z-U-LATER..
:guiness:

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Right on Bro.......... I have been running w/ my Ripper for about 4 months. I love it! It beats the hell out of the stock shifter. Enjoy! :cool: :cool: :cheers:

·
Registered
670 Posts
I've been hearing nothing but good news about the Ripper. Should I wait for the Hurst or just order the Ripper?

Was it easy to install? About how long did it take? I'm fairly good at tearin' into things when it comes to cars.

Any feedback would be great! :cheers:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
y2k,
:cool: @1 hour to install if you can use a socket and a torx screwdriver your good to go.

I dont hear any added noise nor vibration..
The gears are just a click away,get it from shawn at LAPD there #1.
You'll be glad you did the install BELIEVE me..

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks z-u-later,

I think I'll opt for the Ripper. Too many :D people! :yeadog:

I'll contact LAPD and order one up. That way I'll be ready to install my first MOD in the Z. :cool:

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hey Z U,

What shift knob are you using on it?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
z-u -- Now that I know you love the Ripper, I'll share in some of the credit if I did, in fact, help sway you to get one! So much better than the stock crapper, huh?! You'll just have a much more positive driving experience now.

Now, IMA.. What does "Guy's there in the "PADDOCK" right on bid......................." mean?! I can't make any sense out of this.

Enjoy the shifter (and the car now!), z-u!

-Kirk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Kirk -
after you I .M .'s (instant messages) to me..and me waisting time cutting down the stock shifter (silly of me to think that would do it)Iimmediately ordered it after our discussion Kudos to you and thanx for your input.

I am using the momo competizone knob-similar to the hard bar but chrome finish,just like I like it:D :guiness:

Also ordered from shawn at LAPD

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
KMeloney said:

Now, IMA.. What does "Guy's there in the "PADDOCK" right on bid......................." mean?! I can't make any sense out of this.

Enjoy the shifter (and the car now!), z-u!

-Kirk
Kirk,

Sorry i apoligize sometimes i type to fast. What i ment for you to read is we have the Ripper listed in the "Paddock' a member feature on the nav bar at left and it is up for bid for purchase.........

:cool:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
IMA Z06 said:

Kirk,

Sorry i apoligize sometimes i type to fast. What i ment for you to read is we have the Ripper listed in the "Paddock' a member feature on the nav bar at left and it is up for bid for purchase.........

:cool:
Whew! Ok! I was wondering if I was having a stroke or something.. ;)

-Kirk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts