Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hcvone,
I believe the salesman told me that they will be putting an "M" engine in them next year. I think it is a de-tuned version of the M5 engine. I would pay the extra cost if GM could make something with this caliber of workmanship.

levra,
It cost me $1650.00 flat rate for each of my vehicles to be shipped from Denver to Hawaii.

------------------
Spdwy White Plus ...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I no longer needed two Jeeps and my wife has always wanted a BMW ... so I just drove home a brand new X5.

I will be driving it at times so the V8 with the sports package (suspension, 19in tires etc) was a must.

I must say ... DAMN those suckers are nice. My Grand Cherokee had the V8 and had some real good low end torque but that baby is a boat on the road compared to the BMW. GM ... well they just don't build em like that over here.

The sales guy was European and was talking about the M5 as an option if I wanted extreme performance. I told him that I was quite satisfied and was getting the BMW for my wife.

------------------
Spdwy White Plus ...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Good Luck. Great Car.

Every time I see your posts it reminds me that I want to go back to Hawaii.

Is there anymore room on that Island for another ZO6?

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a Red one, A Black one, My white and thats it. There is enough room for a Yellow and your Silver come on over ... the weather is fine.!

------------------
Spdwy White Plus ...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I know what your saying, I know my M5 costs more than my Vette, in fact 20k more but the fit and finish and the engineering that went into the M5 is really much better than GM offers, but I would not give up my Vette and I am glad I do not have to.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Original Owner, 63 Z06
163 Posts
I gave up my M3 for a CLK 430. A real nice car and a lot easier to drive then my 1963 Z06 but still not as quick and does not get the heart pumping like the old beast that the Z06 is.

------------------

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I saw BMW and thought your got her an M5

But an X5 is good too, the dealer let me drive his for the day before I got my M5, it was nice but I am use to my 400 hp 5.9. Good luck with it, I believe next year they are coming out with and X5 option with 360 hp.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Don't think the thought hasn't seriously crossed my mind. What did it cost to get her over there? I know containers to Europe are around 5K.

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

·
Registered
17 Posts
I drive a Z06 (duh) and a '00 740i sport package. My dream car would have the thrust/muscle of the vette with the build refinement and Pure Quality of the bmw. Well, minus the bmw's impenetrably German radio and ventillation controls.

I went racing with a BMW club last November (with my Z06) and was really impressed with the BMW's (and the Z06, of course). The BMWs are able to pull hard RPMs for hours -- and many of those cars had been doing so for years. My buddy races an '89 325 with 190k miles -- no engine work to date. Impressive stamina.

I, on the other hand, am bringing my Z into the dealer for the THIRD TIME for oil consumption problems.

David

------------------

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good point. Buddy of mine is doing the German-delivery thing for his M5 in June. It really would be perfect for me. My only problem is I am unable to wait N months to order/pickup a car. Every car I've ever bought has been unplanned and off the lot. I am an impulsive type. It is a problem. That's why I'm "redz06" and not "yellowz06". Or, for that matter, "yellowModena"!

------------------

·
Registered
99 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by redz06:
I drive a Z06 (duh) and a '00 740i sport package. My dream car would have the thrust/muscle of the vette with the build refinement and Pure Quality of the bmw. Well, minus the bmw's impenetrably German radio and ventillation controls.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your dream car is the M5. It pulls like a mother and it's built like a brick house.
Now the radio and climate control thing you'll just have to deal with.

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

1 - 12 of 12 Posts