Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just driving across town and saw a Black Z06 on a dealer lot. I stopped to get a closer look and talked to the sales manager. They're asking $10k over MSRP. It will be interesting to see how long it sits on the lot. The sales manager thinks it will sell by tomorrow.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
They are consistently getting $5k over MSRP here in the Dallas/Ft Worth, TX area.

Precisely the reason I ordered one from a "reasonable" dealer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
It continues to amaze me that with todays internet resources, people still pay waaaaaaay over MSRP!! :roll: Unbelievable!! :flaming:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
fcalmes said:
It continues to amaze me that with todays internet resources, people still pay waaaaaaay over MSRP!! :roll: Unbelievable!! :flaming:
Who was who said 'there's a sucker born every minute' :lol:

or 'A fool and his money are soon parted'

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
A bargain. That is still 5K under what I have seen in the Seattle area.

They do everything but pull a gun on you when you walk in. :puke:

Pat :(

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I've posted this before and will say it again...where the h *** were they when I (and many others) had our like new '01 Z06's for sale???? :-? I placed ads nation wide and barely received any phone calls. I'm not trying to cry "woe is me," here, it just burns me when I see these posts about "so and so $ ABOVE sticker price..but when you ask what is my trade in worth, the dealers try to stik it up your - - - again!

Let's hope everyone remembers these same dealers when they are ready to buy their Cavaliers, Impalas, Malibus, Silverados, Ventures, Astros, Blazers, S-10's, Tahoes, Trackers, Suburbans, etc!!!

Zippy :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
What??

Manatee said:

'A fool with some money farted'
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wonder how come the ones on ebay at MSRP aren't snached up by the folks in Cali and Texas then:-? :-?

:D
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
First dealer in Seattle that I walked into the begining of November wanted 6K over MSRP!

We chatted for awhile and he finally came down to 3K over MSRP as I was walking out the door :lol:

I checked a few days ago and the car is still sitting in the show room.

I agree, with the internet and all it's hard to believe that people don't shop the "world" before dropping 50K

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
California dealers are the greatest . . . can you say Greedy with a capitol "G"!!! :(

I bought mine for well under sticker but had to order from an OOS dealer. Saved BIG TIME by not buying in CA.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My dealer came off the MSRP $2500........base was $47,900. They are an exeptional dealership and the only ones who touch my car for service.Guess that's why they sell more Vettes than all the other Chevy dealers combined in NE Fla.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
$3,500.00

off of msrp for my car. The dealer is located in New Orleans Banner Chevrolet. Some people pay more when the dealer has the car in stock for imediate delivery. Other people have to wait 2 or 3months for their build out (delivery). When the dealer has the car in stock he bought it and ordered it months before. He wants to make as much as he can thats the American capitalism at work. It is our perogative to shop around and do our best to do better. Thats what I did. :) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
some dealers here in California have low mileage 01's for asking price of around $40k. That's about $20k difference from a new '02, that's about $1,000 per 1 horse power.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Wow..A local dealer near me didn't want to move off stiker..They never sold it..They ended up trading it out for a tahoe

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Got my 01 (built in June of 01) for 2,000 off msrp and 0% finance for 60 months :cheers: I'm through with uptrading for a long time. Very satisfied with the deal and my TR Z!!:D :D

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You guys got 0% for 60 mo??????
I thought that was only available on 36 mo. options.

I got 2.9 for 60 mo. and thought it was a screaming deal. Still do.

chris

·
Registered
243 Posts
They are getting $10,000++ over MSRP in Hawaii and selling like hotcakes... That's why I bought my 2002 Z06 in Florida at $500 under MSRP just in time to grab the 0% 36 months deal. I sent them a check for $3,800, waited 15 days for the car to arrive at the dealership in Florida, flew over and drove it away. I wish I could have found a better deal but I wanted to meet the 0% deadline. I'm happy.:)
What's the problem with resale?
Why are you guys dumping your USED Corvettes so cheap?
I've made money buying and selling Porsches.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts