Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw FUBU69 new 2002 EB z06 at the dealer ready for him to pick up. The color is awesome. The pictures on the Internet do not do it justice. I was having second thoughts on the color until I saw it in person. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Mine will be here in a week. Mine is the same as his except for black interior.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Somebody's gonna be excited right about now! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cheers.gif

Congrats FUBU /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
Poor FUBU (Les)...he had to fly to L.A. today on business. He probably doesn't even know it's in. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe we should go and break it in for him!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
255 Posts
FUBU69. Congratulations /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Hold on to your Lug Nuts this baby will fly.

wantz06, you are right even my pics that I placed on this site does not do justice. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
231 Posts
FUBU69 congrats..glad EB turned out to be a awesome color.. i have a 8/20 TPW ..EB/MOD RED ZO6.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Les, what a great business trip homecoming!
Congrats - you've waited long enough, and earned it. Now, go and enjoy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vince

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
FUBU69 congrats,

Even you dont know it yet.........

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
165 Posts
Carl & Frank: I think we should at least take Les' car to the strip to insure it gets the "right" kind of first 500 miles!!!

Les will be going nuts when he hears about this!!!!! He is a great guy and will be flying high soon........

Ken- /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
He cancelled his flight.

After reading this thread, I had to go and check out the Electron Blue and what do I see when I get to a dealer? A slammed-to-the-ground Speedway White Z06 with chromed Z06 rims and Zainoed with a gazillion coats! FUBU!

I check out the Electron Blue... whatever comments I made about Electron Blue before, forget it... The sun was setting but in the low light, the EB is very deep and rich. Very neat color.

Then I got a chance to meet FUBU and his wife and chat about Z06s for a few moments. Very nice to meet ya FUBU and hope to get a Z06 gathering together sometime so I can hear your opinions on the '02... maybe at Towers! Enjoy.

Don
QSZ06

On 2001-08-13 18:31, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Poor FUBU (Les)...he had to fly to L.A. today on business. He probably doesn't even know it's in. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Maybe we should go and break it in for him!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Geez guys, have a heart, I still have to wait until 8/23 to pick up my EB baby at BG -yer all killin' me with this talk!!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
FUBU called me from the dealership. Yep, lucky guy canceled his trip. He told me he was going to put about 200 miles on it tonight. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Les, I have a feeling I'm going to have to pry that Z out of your cold dead hands when I arrive in October!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

CONGRATS LIL BRO!!!

Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Did I mention that it was a VERY DEEP and VERY RICH blue? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Was very interesting seeing the '02 rims too. Can't wait to get his perspective on '01 vs '02.

But FUBU's Speedway White was no slouch either... That paint was Sparkling.

Don
QSZ06

On 2001-08-13 21:34, BLEUBYU spewed forth this drivel:
Geez guys, have a heart, I still have to wait until 8/23 to pick up my EB baby at BG -yer all killin' me with this talk!!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Thanks guys/gals! I just got in. The EB is STUNNING! I was getting a bit nervous about the color but man was I relieved! The mod red interior brings back memories of the 1996 Grand Sport. I couldn't help myself and slammed it a few times. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif Same as the '01 when new. Exhaust sound is a bit more muscular. New Corsa Ti's a strong possibility. Bottom feeder , absolutley. Lowering by Friday. Don527, it was pleasure meeting you and a couple others who showed up. I'm sorry I was not able to spend time with some other members that showed up. I will post pics in the am. FUBU69/LES BTW A special thanks to Frank for being home this evening when I needed some last minute advice on a very minor clear coat scatch. Carl, you taught me well Bro!

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Nobody could be happier for you than me "LIL BRO"!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

·
Registered
198 Posts
Congrats on the EB Z FUBU. That is truely an awsome color. I haven't seen 1 in person yet, but from what I hear they look even better than they do in the pictures. But then again, I think that the Z's look much better in person than they do in pictures anyway. Are you keeping your White Z?? That is going to be 1 rare machine. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I forgot to mention that I am trying to get an appointment to see DR.DYNOJET with in a few days. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif BTW I hope the General didn't lie! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
906 Posts
Congrats FUBU on the new EB!!! ...but I am STILL waiting to see the Pix that you took on your boat!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 31 Posts