Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode by Criswell Chevrolet yesterday and noticed that a Electron Blue Z06 was still sitting there. I first noticed it at shop night on Tuesday. So, I stopped and inquired. It was available! Apparently some one had orderd it but would not pick it up!?!

I took it for a short ride - WOW!

Next thing you know they are appraising my 2000 Coupe and filling me in on the financing, etc. I told the salesman I would chew on it over night and get back to him.

Hardly slept. I was busy this morning and thought for sure the car would be sold. Even called the salesman and told him, "Thanks, anyway".

My son talked me into driving by about 5:00 o'clock just to see if it was still there. Next thing I know I am driving out the parking lot in the EB Z06 and it's mine!

Man, what a thrill! The Z06 is the same, but it is entirely different. What an automobile!:cool: :cool:

The bad clutch and vibration are gone, too. What a deal. :D

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Steve,

Absoulty great you will never look back.....

:cool: :cool:

Bye the way Welcome aboard, dont forget to check all your new member features at left on the NavBar.......

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Congratulations! :cheers: Enjoy the wild ride.

·
Registered
176 Posts
welcome to the club, pal:cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Congrats Steve:cheers:

We promise you won't be sorry.

Charlie

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Steve,
Congrats!!!
Sometimes I can't believe I spent that much money on a car. Then I take it for a drive and all is forgotten. :D :D
Aloha,
Ffen

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Holy Crap!!!!

I knew you were gonna do it!:cheers: :cheers: That is freakin' FANTASTIC!!!!!!! I'm really happy for ya! :D :D And Blue too!! I'm glad I saw ya shop night and put that bug in your ear!! Congrats! It's a whole different Beast :yeadog: :yeadog: Welcome to the Z06 world! :crazy: :crazy:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Wow, Steve. What a great decision!

For sure now that your 2002 season will surpass your amazing 2001. Looks like we'll have to be spending more time at MIR with its 11.5 floor.

Did you rescue the Tric or have to leave it stranded? The Kirban?

Ranger

·
Registered
764 Posts
Steve,

Congrats on the Z and welcome to the Forum!

Mark

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Welcome aboard Steve. You'll never regret your decision :)

Looking forward to getting out and seeing you and Ranger run!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks, guys.

Nothing like a new toy. Especially one like the Z06!

Ranger, I kept nothing. Mostly because I didn't have the opportunity. I really had no intention of buying it when I drove into the lot and parked. I actually signed the papers while a couple of nice folks were test driving it! Got a dirty look over that!

But while I did not keep the good stuff, neither did I keep the bad stuff. The bad clutch is gone, so is the vibration!!!!!!!!! No more pedal sticking to the floor. No more gear grinding. What a relief.

Hopefully I learned something in the last two years with the 2000, but now I will be looking to you guys for advice on the Z06.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Hey Steve,

Congrats on the new toy.. You'll be very happy i'm sure...

Ernie

1 - 20 of 24 Posts