Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved the car, but I have not taken it on road trips except for bringing it home.

I had to drive to Eagle Colorado for work on Wednsday. It is a bout 160 miles each way, though the mountains. It climbs over 10,000 feet and beautiful views. I set the cruise, and never had to take it out of 6th, even on the steep climbs, and always kept my speed. Even at 10,000 feet, it has power. I got there worked all day and drove home. I felt great, wasn't tired like I am when I take the truck on a long drive.

When I got home, I checked the majic spark box, and I got 30.2 MPG!!!!

This is the best all around sport car on the planet!!! :z:

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
you did what?!?!?

you used the cruise AND 6th gear?!?

just messin with you. i don't touch either of the things up top because then what's the point of the car. but that's me. glad you're enjoying it how you want to enjoy it. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
well the warm weather is here and this weekend is the start of heading to the Eastern shore, so I'll be driving my z06 140miles one way and then 140 more back every weekend like I did every summer I owned the car, well maybe not this weekend because of rain and my vararam dont mix, but I have all summer :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Kevin,
I agree with you 100%! What a great car for road trips!
The trip I took last year to and from the fest netted me better than 28mpg, and now even with the heads and cam package it still gets better than 26mpg on trips! An 11 second economy car, how about that! Gotta love it! :thumb:

Luis, IMHO you can drive your car in the rain with the Vararam. I have been through some nasty downpours with mine quite a few times and have never had a problem. I think most of the stuff you have heard about cars with the vararam installed hydrolocking is just paranoid bull$hit! It MAY happen if you drive through a puddle a foot deep, but I doubt if you would do that. :jawdrop: I drive mine rain or shine, and so should everyone else! These cars are made to drive and enjoy, so GO FOR IT! :D

Jim

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just drove mine from NY to Indianapolis last week to watch practice for a few days. After that, up to my hometown in Illinois for a few brewskies with some old friends and then back to NY. This is the only car I ever owned that goes like hell, gets all the looks, got 26 mpg, and didn't hurt my butt. Long live my Z and yours too!

·
Registered
58 Posts
About a month ago I took a small road trip to Southern Utah from Salt Lake City. It’s a 300 mile trip each way. I checked the DIC a :) gainst a GPS I had taken along…. I found the two did not agree. The DIC said 30.7 MPG and using the GPS the mileage came out to be 28.39 MPG. By the way, my average speed using the GPS was 74.1 MPH.

Still not that bad.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
Kevin,
I drive mine rain or shine, and so should everyone else! These cars are made to drive and enjoy, so GO FOR IT! :D

Jim
I'm with you 100%. These cars shouldn't be put away because there is a little bit of rain, or alot for that matter. I drive mine all the damn time. No matter how much you drive it, you just can't get enough of this car. It is simply amazing. :zboobie: :zboobie: :z: :z:

·
Registered
881 Posts
Nice, Kevin: :guiness:

I think I need to have lunch in Breckenridge soon.

285, Fairplay, Hoosier Pass.

Might be a few opportunites to turn off the cruise control, hey?

HMMM, come to think of it, I am not sure if mine works..... :rofl:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
The first thing I did with my Z06,was drive to BG for the 50th.I was amazed at how comfortable the car was to sit in for 8hrs a day for 2weeks.I never felt uncomfortable.I averaged 26mpg for the whole trip and I went drag racing too.My Z06 is by far the best car I have ever owned.I drive it every chance I get.I have to drive in the rain,because everyone knows it rains all the time in Seattle :lol:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RalphP said:
Nice, Kevin: :guiness:

I think I need to have lunch in Breckenridge soon.

285, Fairplay, Hoosier Pass.

Might be a few opportunites to turn off the cruise control, hey?

HMMM, come to think of it, I am not sure if mine works..... :rofl:

We ought to get the Colorado guys together for a nice drive and lunch!

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
3Pedal_Z06 said:
We ought to get the Colorado guys together for a nice drive and lunch!

Kevin,
I'm up for that, I'm still jammed with work now, but later in the summer would be do-able. Maybe meet up somewhere
around Frisco or Dillon or maybe even Leadville, have lunch, go
for a "Power Cruise", take some pics and definitely a banner shot! I'll bring my big garage banner that Kens06 gave me
last Christmas. Let's try to make this happen! :yeadog:

Jim

·
Registered
881 Posts
Jim Lembo said:
Kevin,
I'm up for that, I'm still jammed with work now, but later in the summer would be do-able. Maybe meet up somewhere
around Frisco or Dillon or maybe even Leadville, have lunch, go
for a "Power Cruise", take some pics and definitely a banner shot! I'll bring my big garage banner that Kens06 gave me
last Christmas. Let's try to make this happen! :yeadog:

Jim
Well Jim: Maybe some of us should come to you! I imagine the drive through the mountains from Denver to Alamosa will be a lot of fun. I can see an early morning departure, lunch and some cruising in your neck of the woods and then the trip back. That way, you would not need a lot of time away from work! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
This will be great. A little later in the summer is better for me also. I have something every weekend for the next 4. Since it isn't winter, I don't mind running down to Alamosa (you guys get too cold in the winter.)

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I know....

A 400+ hp "econobox." How cool!! And we keep hearing how great the Euros are and that U.S. cars aren't modern!!!

I'll take my snarling beast that pushes towards 30 mpg anyday over a hybrid that is a glorified golf cart returning 45.

There's no decision to make! :jammin:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.