Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for feedback on rearends. I would like to retain IRS for auto-x and road coarsing but I also like to 1/4 mile race. I want to run ET streets and continue to run them once I build my motor. So what I need to know is what is the best rearend I money can buy that will take a lot of abuse for a long time. Please list any feedback you have about rearends and what works.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Bulletproof rearend?? Ain't no such thing if you drag race. :eek:

Best I can recommend is this.....

Send your stock tranny to Rockland Standard. Have them put in the better syncros and bushings, blueprint your tranny and have them add a hardened main shaft. Then, replace your left output shaft (halfshaft) with a hardened shaft and add a DTE tranny/diff brace.

Bulletproof? No, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,847 Posts
i know a girl.....

.................oh .. wrong post..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bulletproof rearend?? Ain't no such thing if you drag race.

Best I can recommend is this.....

Send your stock tranny to Rockland Standard. Have them put in the better syncros and bushings, blueprint your tranny and have them add a hardened main shaft. Then, replace your left output shaft (halfshaft) with a hardened shaft and add a DTE tranny/diff brace.

Bulletproof? No, but it's the closest thing I can think of.

Mike
Mike you don't think a DTE or a Rockland built rearend would be the way to go? I havent heard of too much trouble out of trannys. I also may run stock halfshafts as the weak link so that if something does break it will be relatively cheap to fix.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
LS6 Enthusiast said:
Mike you don't think a DTE or a Rockland built rearend would be the way to go? I havent heard of too much trouble out of trannys. I also may run stock halfshafts as the weak link so that if something does break it will be relatively cheap to fix.
When you send your stock tranny to Rockland, that's what they do.....rebuild it. A lot cheaper to have them rebuild yours than buy another tranny they have already rebuilt.

Halfshafts are less expensive to replace but they are a pain in the azz to install. I'd go with hardened half shaft and a tranny/diff brace.
Just my humble .02

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts