Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been floating around lately to see what Mod's to do to my Z, when it arrives. I decided to start with the wheels. I like the Chromed Z06 very much, they look great on dark cars(Frank). But were can I get good quality rims. It seems that everyone sells them, Mid America, LAPD, Mike's, etc. Which is best? I'm conserned with the chrome coming off..

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
619 Posts
What color did you order?
In my opinion, the ZO6 is a race car and race cars should not have chrome wheels.
First of all, the brake dust would probably mean a lot of cleaning and polishing of the wheels. Call me LAZY, but I don't want to clean these wheels day in and day out.
Just my opinion though.
Best to you!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Joe I have the same problem. I do not like the color of the stock wheels so I am going to go to chrome. I am shopping around now.The best price I have found is $595 from Corvettes of Houston but I don't know anything about the quality. I hear Corvette Mike has good wheels. I guess the big thing is that you get G.M. wheels and not repos. The search is on. MIKE

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Corvette Mikes or West Coast Corvettes, I have seen their wheels and they look good, I think Franks came from Corvette Mikes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
What will you all be doing with your old rims? /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
About a year ago I got a set for my '93 from Corvette Mike and have been quite satisfied with the quality and appearance. It does take regular cleaning to keep the brake dust off, but I just got into the habit of doing it after each ride. The wheels I got were OEM, can't speak to the quality of the reproductions.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Jerry,

Corvette Mike's wheels are OEM forged. The quality is good and they stand behind there product. The cost is $850 with core exchange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts