Corvette Z06 Forum banner

I need everyone's opinion on these...

1K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  Jayzvette 
#1 ·
Check out this link (pics to an EB-Z with silver stripe on hood, roof, and trunk lid):
http://www.corvettec5.com/store/?page=shop/tricpics

Do you guys think a BLACK stripe would look good on an EB-Z that has limo tint on the windows and blackout lenses (giving the car a black & blue concept). I am expecting my EB-Z on the 18th, and want to be ready for all the mods.

Some have told me it would look cheesy, others said it would look nice.

I want YOUR opinions, though.

Thanks,
Corpvette.

#2 ·
IMHO

black stripes will be subtle - not my favorite - not enough contrast

Silver stripes look classy

White stripes will be close to the usual America race car colors of red and white. If you're old enough, you'll understand :)

My $.02

#4 ·
Corpvette

IMHO, forget the limo tint..............I would go with a a max 35%, ALL around..........
Forget the ZO6 Side decals.........:puke:
If you have a black int, then the stripes should be the same.........;)
Me, personally.......I would go for the stripes ONLY if they went ALL the way down the front/back, directly over the lic plate's area........IMO, the ones that go AROUND( esp) the front plate...........don't SAY IT:roll:
Think.............."SYNCHRONICITY".....................:D

#5 ·
I don't know about black. Silver is more appealing to the eye and white would look more like a Viper.

A single stripe may look better? :-?

I'd wait until you get your car. Then think it over. Wish I could give you a more accurate decision! :roll:

Ps. you're not thinking of the side decals, are you? :puke:

#6 ·
Opinion:
I think a black stripe would look kwel. Subtle! But I prefer a single stripe over the double shown. My choice is an 8 in wide stripe with a 1 in clear space then another 1 in stripe on each side. And the stripe must go all the way down in front and back. Nothing on the side.

#7 ·
I think the black would be OK, but I like the high contrast. White would be my 1st choice with silver 2nd,black 3rd . :cool:

Attachments

#9 ·
jnation said:
The stripes will be the same width front to rear. [/B]
On a quick note. When Carroll Shelby stiped the 65/66 Mustang Cobras, the stripes were 10 inches a the frt of the car, but widened out to 11+ inches at the windsheild (cowl). It is an oprtical illusion, but they look like they are the same width all the way. If you check my picture above(Yipes stripes) the stripes on both cars widen in the center of the car( keeping the centerline parrell at all times). The Mustang is 2 inches wider at the base of the windsheild. The Miata is about the same. If you don't do it this way, it can have the look of two "rolls of paper towels" rolled over the car. Also, the wider you make the stripes, the wider the car looks. Just something to think about . ;)

#10 ·
IMHO, i think white stripes would look good with the EB. The 96 Grand Sport vettes looked real good like that. I wouldnt get limo tint, to dark for a corvette, just get it a nice classy look. Nothing really dark and ghetto lookin :roll:

#11 ·
My old 85 Corvette. White with Hugger Orange stripes.

ps I do like stripes. They say"Race Car" :cool:

Attachments

#14 ·
Andy Cravens said:
Baron, nice lookin stripes. Is that a special air intake setup that i see in the front light places, or just some cool lookin light grilles?
They were just light grilles. My son wound up with this car and totaled it in the rain. He was not hurt,but it was a good car. Must have been about 5 yrs ago. How time flys :eek:

#16 ·
I don't think the black would look very good. White or silver at best....

.... or maybe prismatic :)

just kidding :puke:

Just stay away from the side decals!

JNation has a thread with a title similar to "I want stripes like thx2.net" or something... that I posted a link to an article with a nice vette with silver stripes... those would look good on EB I think.

#17 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the input. If I do put the stripes, I think I want to put the black ones on though. The silver probably sticks out too much. Also, the whole car is going to be black & blue, so I think it will fit in the "vision". But I will wait a couple of weeks after I get the car to make a final decision. The limo tint is for sure though-- no changing my mind on that one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.