Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I have a 1999 C5 I need to know if this is and Evap Line or a Fuel Line.
My car has been to the dealer 3 times in the past 2 weeks for this.
I had the car towed to a dealer to fix it since it is cover'd under my GMPP Warranty. I told them it was the fuel pump and fuel level sensor (thats was the symptoms at the time and the tank showed empty when it had a half tank) they did their own diagnostic on it said it was a failed fuel pump and the fuel level sensor. They told me they pulled the left tank to replace it. I get it back on the road and drive less than 100 miles and it does the same thing, runs ruff then i press the gass and it dies.
Fuel level sensor went out again so i took it to the dealer they kept it for another day and fixed it.

I get it back, And my husband and i look under there to see the dealers crapsmanship 2 lines are kinked there, the fuel pump looked old not new. Around the lines are fingerprints and marks in the dirt. The dealer never said we had kinked lines under there.

So I have to drive it, I get less than 80 miles and it sputters and dies again same symptoms. I have it towed and im pissed as hell. Mind you this is the 3rd time going back.

They are on refusal to fix it b/c i have a modified exaust and they are blaming it. But we think they got careless and kinked them, and do not want to fix it for free. They wanted to charge me $700 to fix it.

so as i deal with them we are going to replace this shit ourself and never take my car back to a dealer again.

Here are The images that we took before the last break down.

Right Tank

Left Tank

Symptoms:
Starts sputtering
As I press gas it sounds like its flooding out
Then shuts off
try to restart sputters to try and fire
then nothing.

This is a headache car its had problems since the 3 weeks after we bought it. :puke:

Thanks in advance
Kass

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Yup, I can see how the "modified exhaust" really caused the problem. By the way, where is the exhaust in the photos? Not even close, bunch of BS, but, then that's the dealer mentality.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You cant see it, it ends before it gets to the tank. And i know they are full of shit and i have been telling them that.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
What a Shame, I feel your pain. I'd be sick :cry:
The fuel pump is inside the tank. The fuel filter is on the outside and they probably would not change that. That might be what you are seeing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thanks! ^^^
Does anyone know what the kinked line is?

A fuel or evap line so i can replace them?

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts