Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad is having a problem with the motor that rotates the headlights and I'm wondering if anyone here could tell me of a site i can get on to and find something about the wiring under the hood of a C4. If anyone has a link to a good site to go to that has a accessible repair manual on it I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

RedZ

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Are you sure it's the motor and not the gears? Most of the time the nylon bushings have given up and the headlights wont open /close. It's actually a fairly straightforward repair. Let me know.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zoomin,

The motor doesn't try to turn at all. There are 2 wires going to the motor and both wires are hot all the time. How does the thing to operate with both wires hot. I cant figure out why it wont turn but there's juice going to it. try to give me soem info to help me figure this thing out. Is there a way to test it and see if its a good motor? Let me know Zoomin or anyone else out there. thanks

RedZ

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
You may as well take it off and check it- you'll have to disassemble it any way. The entire headlight bucket comes out when you remove the frame - maybe 5 bolts...

Anyway, what happens is those bushings just disintegrate and may have lodged in the gears, which may give the appearance of the motor being out. When you free the motor from the gears, it may turn then, Good luck! The bushings are much cheaper than the motor. Miad-America sells the bushing repair kit for around $8.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zoomin, thanks for all that info. We'll try that and see if thats the problem. Do you or anyone else know where the "headlight module" is? I could find it but i may as well just ask the pros right /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RedZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts