Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After putting my 2002 Z06 away right after buying on 12/7, I have always felt not a part of what everyone here is talking about.

Since the weather here in NE Ohio is unseasonably warm (mid 50s) and dry, I have been able to drive my car and enjoy it like all of you.

Now I have 400 miles, a few more and I don't have to break it in.

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
David,

You need to take a 2-3 day trip down south is all. :)

It's 70^ here in Big D and its gonna be like this for 3-4 more days. :D

I'm sure its a wonderful place where you live (and others who are "up north"), but one thing I like about Texas is I never have to put my hot-rods away (and I don't have to buy a "winter only" vehicle to manuever through the white stuff).

Enjoy the drive(s) my friend!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dave! You Bastard! :D
I wanted to take a spin today also, but my insurance agent was not in for the phone call to put a binder on.
I bet you'll be out tomorrow also, they say it's supposed to be nice here again. Anyhow you need to get past 500 so you can crap your pants when you go W.O.T., it's an experience I highly suggest.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Although it has also been pretty mild here in Mass. I still choose to leave it in the garage. I don't want to sand blast the paint off the car. I'll wait for the street sweepers to make a run first:cheers:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick

If you want I can meet you somewhere and I can let you drive my car so you don't experience withdrawals....

Let me know via e-mail.

DMP

·
Premium Member
2001 Z06
3,461 Posts
Hey David:

It's 61 degrees in Denver today. :cool: But, I had a ski race in the mountains and so I did not get a chance to enjoy a drive. :(

Not sure how they treat the roads in Ohio for snow, but here in the land of very thin air, we drop pee gravel for traction. Had a 6-8" dump on Wednesday and it's just finally melted today.

However, I am deathly afraid of driving until they sweep of this crap, cuz we have far too many people in their SUV's who have the unconscious tendency to "float" to the road's edge and spray the hell out of your car. PING, PING, PING........ :mad: :mad: :eek:

It doesn't work for me much in the winter, so I'm with you and the other guys on the withdrawl syndrome.

Get that ride broken in, it's a ton of fun when you can let 'er RIP!!
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Beautiful day for a drive

Dave,

Now you know :D What a day. I went out for nice cruise.

It must have been Silver and Red day Cuz, I only saw Silver and Red Vettes all day.

I gave a Red Vert a show. I was mindin my own business doing the speed limit in the right lane when a Red Vert C5 in the left lane slowed down to take a look :) and wave :lol: So once they passed me, I pulled in the lane behind them and slowed down a bit to let them give me some room ahead. Then once they moved back over to the right lane, It gave me about 1/4 mile run back up to them. And boy did I run. It still amazes me how fast this car goes from 65 to 130. Wow. I blew by the Red Vert and everybody else. I hope they liked it, because I was too busy watching the road to check them out since a guy for no appearant reason went from the right lane (which was clear in front of him) to the left lane which I was barrelling down.

Luckily I didn't have to brake. Just moved to the right lane and went around him. ...maybe he saw me coming in his rear view and thought he would self police and slow me down. Who knows, but it was fun getting up to speed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
David Pintaric said:
Rick

If you want I can meet you somewhere and I can let you drive my car so you don't experience withdrawals....

Let me know via e-mail.

DMP
Dave,
how very generous of you! I've always wanted to drive an '02 to see just how much improved they are from an '01. I'd like to take you up on your offer come spring, we can trade rides and then do some bench racing. Enjoy the warm weekend! I have plans Sunday to try and install my new GMS ram air intake, so wish me luck:-?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Luck Bud.

I will watch the football games then. And gotta wash the Navigator (take the ladder out...)

Talk to you soon.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Rick,

I know the feeling of the winter blues! :(

I'm thinking of taking her out Sunday for a blast. It's suppose to be in the low 50's!

Rick/Dave let's meet at the auto show. :guiness:

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts