Corvette Z06 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My EBZ06 is 3100 and tpw 9/17 and I just saw an electron blue in person for the first time and it's not everything they cracked it up to be. The color is more of a plain admiral blue. Is there a way to change the color on that order with two weeks notice before the build date. Fastdog1....what do you know about this???

Jim

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
jimsalone said:
My EBZ06 is 3100 and tpw 9/17 and I just saw an electron blue in person for the first time and it's not everything they cracked it up to be. The color is more of a plain admiral blue. Is there a way to change the color on that order with two weeks notice before the build date. Fastdog1....what do you know about this???

Jim
I don't believe that's going to be possible. Ask your dealer. You might need to reorder.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
A little late to change... BUT

IMHO EB is a very nice color. I think you will be very pleased with it. Give it a chance. :D

Forget the hype and just take a few steps back and admire it.

Vince

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
How about QS

I'll trade you my '01 Quicksilver straight up. Just think all the bugs are worked out, no OC problems, engines all broke in, 16 coats of wax are already on it. Plus you will love the color. I wouldn't do this for just anybody you know!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey DJWORM

Silver is even more average looking than EB! And what about the 20 horses my friend. I think I'll just get my $1000.00 deposit back and call Rick Daniel. What do you think Rick? What should I do? Can you be of any help and how soon can you get me any other color but blue?

Jimsalone

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
I admit I too ordered the EB on the HYPE. A couple of weeks before I took delivery I had 2nd thoughts. When my EB Z came in I could of rejected it and waited for a new color without a penalty or without a Z06. The color floored me! I agree with Frank, the colors ARE subjective. I'm a sucker for all the colors! If it was up to me , I would make all colors available in the Z06. If GM widens the color scope with all the new colors FRC TOM has reported for '03, I may order the RUBY flake color and not wait for the C6. FUBU69/LES :)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GM Customer Service

I got a hold of one of the supervisor's at GM CS and he is investigating what can be done. If worst comes to worst i can demand my deposit back and they cannot keep my money. I have been told that by several people in the car dealer business. Of course he can try and he will be in for one whole lotta sh$% he didn't bargain for. for 55K i will get what i want if i have to go to the factory with a baseball bat.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
What color you gonna get now? Beggar joined the QS Republic... IMO, can't go wrong there.

I like the EB when I saw it first. But I do like my QS better. Wished they had a Z in NMB. But you gotta go with your feelings.

Long live the Republic!

don

jimsalone said:

Jim

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd shoot my dog for a MY 02 Z06

What I have always wanted was the yellow but you just can't get it! If I knew i could get yellow I would buy it from any dealer who could guarantee me the car by mid to late october!

Jim

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Re: I'd shoot my dog for a MY 02 Z06

jimsalone said:
What I have always wanted was the yellow but you just can't get it! If I knew i could get yellow I would buy it from any dealer who could guarantee me the car by mid to late october!

Jim
Again, check with Rick Daniel - he's discounting MY now :D

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I didn't even have to shoot a dog!

jimsalone said:

Jim
Jim,

I feel your pain. Well, I FELT your pain, that is. I didn't have a color on order that I didn't want, but I DID have yellow on order, and after two months thought I was just never going to get it (damn shoddy local dealer!). THEN, as if from an angel above, I happened upon a post on the other forum from a supporting dealer who had build dates on three Z's. One of them was MY. I called him, thinking it was too late (this was in the hayday of "you can't have a MY '01 'cause everyone wants one, and they're on constraint"). But, lo and behold, it WAS still available, and I hopped right on it. I dropped the order with the local chumps immediately.

Now, I'm in PA, and the car came from GA. The moral of the story? You CAN get MY if that's what you want, 'cause there HAS to be one out there somewhere. I don't know if you've only checked nearby, but you should really go through a supporting dealer with huge allocations, no matter where in the county he/she is.

...And you SHOULD get the color you want, or you'll always wish -- despite having a Z of any color -- that you had gotten the color you "really wanted."

Good luck!

-Kirk

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: hey DJWORM

jimsalone said:
Silver is even more average looking than EB! And what about the 20 horses my friend. I think I'll just get my $1000.00 deposit back and call Rick Daniel. What do you think Rick? What should I do? Can you be of any help and how soon can you get me any other color but blue?

Jimsalone
I can get you any color you want in 6 week except M/Y please contact me. And at below MSRP:D

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I Think EB is Awesome!

I just spent 2 hours cleaning up my new EB for the first time and all I can say is :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: -- she's looking awesome!

I took it home from the dealer filthy dirty off the train without the dealer washing it (my special request). Once nice and clean, and in the sun its awesome.

I will admit that if its not sunny out, the EB is way more subdue as compared to in direct sunlight, but IMO that gives is some 'mood'. Also looks nice under bright city lights :D.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Hey Les,
Sounds like Jim boy need to see those pictures of your BEAUTIFUL E-Blue. They made a believer out of me:D :D Man, I sure wish I had my new Blue....But I got a temporary cure:guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.