Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Very nice, I love the fit. Now, perhaps we could turn your console into a frig for the beer. :lol:

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had the A/C controls dropped down to the ashtray area. A friend of mine took a used dash/console section and re-configured it.....he also fabricate a high quality plate..the whole unit is FLUSH.

The perimeter of the screen is going to be covered with a very thin black mathing plastic piece as a final touch..I am now very happy with this set up after the 1st disappointing installalation location..blocking the main a/c vent when the screen was in the up position. Fubu/Les

Btw, the total cost in materials and labor for the install of the head unit ( a friend) ..$200..not bad..it can be reversed with no problem.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Les,

I mean like price, brand, flat screen or does it pop out of the radio, Navigator too-or just DVD player, sound better than stock??

Thanks,
Barrie

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Barrie, the unit is a Kenwood KVT 910 DVD/Navigation/CD/AM/FM/TV and Sat Radio ready(coming Feb 18th).

Initially the unit was installed in the same place as the stock unit was ..but when the screen came up it blocked the main a/c vent. I came accroos Ken King's MY Vette on the web and copied his his idea. The screen is now always in the up position ...totally FLUSH.

I use the stock speakers...I have a 35% hearing deficit...so it would really be a total waste of $$ if I upgraded the speakers. I love gadgets..the Nav...DVD..etc..the unit and install really look very kewl in person.Les

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Thanks Les,

Your car is way beyond KEWL. That Kenwood unit does everything but the dishes :)

I know what you mean about the hearing loss. I wear totally in the canal hearing aids....same units President Clinton has.....helps a lot, but not like 20/20 hearing. Too many Rock Concerts and Loud parties. But, there is an advantage. Take 'em out when you want peace and quiet, AND I hear nuttin from my Hawk Plus autox pads :D

ZYA,
Barrie

·
Registered
11 Posts
My compliments. I'm in the biz and have done my own cars, and know what kind of a pain it is to do a Vette. The install looks nice and clean. :cheers: Did you pick up any new rattles?

Barbie

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Barbie, since I can't trust my hearing I have taken several friends out in the car...no rattles...very solid...touch screen controls in addition to a the remote makes this unit very ez to operate. Fubu/Les

1 - 14 of 14 Posts