Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally made the trek to the NCM and the BG Plant. Near the end of the tour at the assembly plant there were a black, yellow, red and blue C6 Z06!!!

I got a chance to speak with our guide and he said that they have made 78 Z06s at BG. He also said that they are not making any more until August 1st. (he was a little sketchy on that).

I was pretty excited about the new Z before I went there. Now I am SOLD. That car is UNBELIEVABLE in person. Red is AWESOME, black is also awesome.

I got a chance to talk to the guys in the area where they had a yellow Z on the lift. He mentioned that he was a big fan of Corvettes and he has owned 60s muscle vettes and he had a C5 Z06. He also said that there was NOTHING like the new Z. He claimed that he could drive the others at full speed. He also said that the C6 Z scares him. He said this with excitment and enthusiasm!

THIS CAR IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!! :z:

I also became a NCM Life Member! :usa:

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Does this mean they have addressed the engine failures? Or was it oil consumption?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Thanks for sharing. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
Like I said on CF.com to that person who also just saw the car in person and was in awe...

"I am glad there is someone out there that also realizes that this car in person look UNREAL, and that pics for some odd reason DO NOT do this car ANY justice at all!!! When I saw this car in person, I could not believe what I was looking at. The presence the car takes just sitting there with those bulging fenders, huge tires, and insane width is enough to make you say DDDDDDAMNNNNNN!! Just gotta see it in person and upclose to know what I (We) mean."

This car in person is just S-I-C-K... ;)

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Zlicious said:
Like I said on CF.com to that person who also just saw the car in person and was in awe...

"I am glad there is someone out there that also realizes that this car in person look UNREAL, and that pics for some odd reason DO NOT do this car ANY justice at all!!! When I saw this car in person, I could not believe what I was looking at. The presence the car takes just sitting there with those bulging fenders, huge tires, and insane width is enough to make you say DDDDDDAMNNNNNN!! Just gotta see it in person and upclose to know what I (We) mean."

This car in person is just S-I-C-K... ;)
Thanks for the heads up :thumb: Waiting anxiously to see one up close. :yeadog:

Jack

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I would agree the car looks far better in person, for some reason it does not translate well into pictures. Just hope GM does a good job of handling the introduction. They have already announced through the dealer networks that not every dealer is going to get them to start, which sounds like a short supply introduction to me (ie huge mark-ups being demanded from dealers).

·
Registered
844 Posts
As usual, just sit tight and let the fools pay the early markup. At the price of the new Z06 GM is estimating about 12-14% of new Vettes will be Z's. With the C5, it was about 25% some years. Another thing I hear is that 505 HP is a low number and the engine will be opened up after the first year--sound familiar?? Also, what's this about engine failures???!!! :-?

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've heard the rumor that they are having valvetrain issues. Again that was a rumor from a guy I know who found out about it when he went to LPE to get the 427TT setup. Must be something to it if its starting to get asked about more.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Good post KevinG!

Glad to hear you became a lifetime member!!! Did you know you are now eligible for FREE registration at the NCM Labor Day event? :yeadog:

·
Registered
711 Posts
Melsy said:
As usual, just sit tight and let the fools pay the early markup. At the price of the new Z06 GM is estimating about 12-14% of new Vettes will be Z's. With the C5, it was about 25% some years. Another thing I hear is that 505 HP is a low number and the engine will be opened up after the first year--sound familiar?? Also, what's this about engine failures???!!! :-?

Hey Melsy;

Check out this thread:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82153&page=2&pp=15

I hope we dont get the same arguments about this again in this thread.

Kingpin

·
Registered
449 Posts
Like you, I was sold after the factory tour where I saw several units and heard one crack open 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the track behind the plant. Went out and put my name on Rick Daniel's list. Now I'm just Killin time......

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
You nailed it. This car from those who have driven it say it totally surpasses all other supercars on the road under 400 grand...(with maybe the exception of the 150 grand Ford GT being about equal in total performance)

Should be one kick @ss car!

Thanks for the insight ..

Must have been a blast!

JB

1 - 13 of 13 Posts