Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the ECSCC today, all of my 60' times(except my 1st run of the day which was 1.705) were between a 1.646 & 1.672. That's only a range of .026.
So, I was finally able to work on R/T. I have gone from street tires to DR's to ET Streets since the early fall of 04, thus all I've been doing is figuring out launch techniques. Basically, I've learned how to drive 3 different cars since the fall.
My R/T's were from .042 to .171 w/ 3 red lights. 1 was -.003. These need a lot of work!!!!
I won 2 rounds & ran right on my dial in round 1 to win a free tech card (thanks CCDV!).
In round 3 I got caught setting my launch rpm's, & when I looked up the 2nd yellow was already lit! The Etown guys weren't too patient with the lights today. That threw off my timing & I went red. I ran out the run & it was my best run of the day at [email protected] w/ a 1.65 60'. It was .03 off my best run to date which was on DR's, but the DA was around 900, the highest of the day during my runs.
The weather looked grim last night, but the racing Gods prevailed & we raced today. Etown was EMPTY all day. I had 6 time shots & opted out of the 7th! There was a fine Corvette showing & a lot of fast cars there.
All in all it was a good, fun day of racing. It's amazing how nice all of the Corvette guys are!!!!
Ron

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats, you keep that up and you will be changing your name from Dr. Ron to Hot Shoe Ron. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don Benson said:
Good work, Ron. :thumb: Just remember who you need to thank for dialing in that 11.69 in your first round! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don
Well it sure as hell wan't Don! :eyes:

I'd say not only did you figure out those tires but you sold a set, I'm gettin me a pair! Call MT for your commission check, you can use that along with your "Benson" sponsorship for the headers.

On a side not, I got a couple decent pics of you car today, I'll post them tomorrow when I get to work.

Great driving, I have 57 more HP and run the same times, I suck :eek2: but its fun anyway

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Cool,thanks.
"Don Benson Racing". Kind of has a cool ring to it...Now just to figure out color schemes & a logo. Maybe interlocking DBR letters???
Ron
New Race Teaqm announced:
Don Benson racing.....
Ron Drives, Don Buy$, Dave builds.... :eek: :lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Dr.Ron said:
Dave, that's great! Now Don has to sign off on it.Don, get in here!
Did you have any other pics of my car from Sat?
Ron
Don has no say, none, nada, zip, he just gives us money, all he wants is the tax break anyway.......

The pics are small, I had the camera on a bad setting, next time I'll get them right, but these are ok unless you want to print photos....

:lol:

·
Registered
265 Posts
Don Benson said:
Sorry guys. I just checked with the accountant, and she said no tax deduction. :( She also mentioned there is no deduction for divorce either. :roll:

Don
Don, we're losing faith, since when has lack of money or the lady ever been involved with the car? We used to envy you, maybe you ARE just like us... :yeadog:

Ron, we're on our own, Don is out...

Any takers........ :zboobie:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.