Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, that cup holder does seem like a joke. So I went ahead and opened a can of beer (no, I didn't drink it) and put it in the cup holder. (Steel reserve 211, for those wondering. Makes me want to post a question asking about your favorite beer, but I won't, but go ahead and respond with your favorite beer if you want to...) OK, I just took one sip so it wasn't at the very top (just one sip, no more) and drove the curviest road I know, at a pretty good clip.

The results? Not a drop of beer spilled, and the can stayed in place like it was glued. I was quite surprised.

So that Edmunds review about the cup holders? How did they actually test them? I don't know, but I can tell you the C5 cup holders rock!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Test it on a quick launch or hard shift and see what you think. But don't do it with an open can!! Ric

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
C5David:

Glad to hear the cupholder works!
BTW, the beer favorite brand has already been posted here.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hah! I would have liked to have seen you get out of that one! "Uhh. Officer. Let me explain. You're not going to believe this."

Poor man's G-Tech, huh?

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

David

·
Registered
128 Posts
I must be one of the few that thinks it sucks then. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif The holder in my formula was a lot better... it would hold a 20ounce bottled drink without it flying to the passenger seat when i took off. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-jbl

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I use the cup holder only for holding my cell phone and use hands-free operation. The holder is perfect for that use. There is a strict rule in my car; NO open containers of any type or food consumption, NO exceptions. No smoking either, other than the tires!

·
Registered
128 Posts

On 2001-04-10 13:49, 2001Z06 spewed forth this drivel:
I use the cup holder only for holding my cell phone and use hands-free operation. The holder is perfect for that use. There is a strict rule in my car; NO open containers of any type or food consumption, NO exceptions. No smoking either, other than the tires!
Ack! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I only have the one car.. so that really isn't an option for me... caution is though. I don't keep containers that can't be sealed tight in the car for more than a few minutes at a time though...

-jbl

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about the can/cup holder and i tested it with an unopened coke and it seemed to hold and ride fine. Although, I doubt i will ever try it with an open container.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts