Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here was my thinking.
I am seeing more and more C5's running around town and am starting to see a few more Z06's on the road.
I remember hearing posts about JC running cars down (on foot!) at a tollbooth and handing them business cards.
So I think, hey, why can't I do that too? I checked at the office supply store and they have business card paper I can feed into my printer. If I had a template for a z06vette.com and a C5vette.com business card that I could download, then I could print them myself (one on each side I hope) that I could hand out to people that I see.
I even remember that someone once started a contest to see who could refer the most members. Maybe if there was a spot for a "Referred by _____" then we could get that going again.

I know that there are other members out there that might like this idea too.
Let's see if we can get the silent masses to bring some more great members into the fold!

chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm down with that. Easy to hand 'em out to the Vette next to you at a stoplight. I'd pay for 'em.

Even a generic card with a spot to fill out your user name. That would cut the cost down.

Lemme know if I can help!

Paul

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Go Get Um

Chris & Hoss,

Indeed you guy's are on the right track, but the works been done for ya. Contact Fcalmes or JC for business cards and banners for both sites to give out. Refferals have a spot on the new user signup for who reffered them, and the contest is still running. Now go get um........

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :guiness:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm all over that! JC---Can I get some of those cards too? And how about a ZO6VETTE.COM static window banner for the front windshield?

-Jeff Nation

I'll pay for the cost of materials, S&H--whatever!

What about a smaller sticker for my helmet too?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
jnation said:
I'm all over that! JC---Can I get some of those cards too? And how about a ZO6VETTE.COM static window banner for the front windshield?

-Jeff Nation

Jeff, for cling-on info, go to www.dandj.org , then click on 'interior', or email [email protected] !!!

With the black interior, I'd suggest white lettering for the windsheild cling-on.

·
Registered
778 Posts
jnation said:

-Jeff Nation

I'll pay for the cost of materials, S&H--whatever!

What about a smaller sticker for my helmet too?
That goes DITTO for me. I see folks all the time who don't know about us! I have sent one yesterday, Don Cowdrey, but don't know if he signed on yet. He rode with me the day before New Year's Eve, and by 5 PM on New Year's Eve, had an EB/B Z06 sitting in my driveway-he just had to have it!!! TO COOL!!!!

Joe:z: :z: :z:

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I requested some more business cards last November and did a follow up a few weeks ago and have never heard back from JC.

They must have run out.

Pat :D

·
Registered
0 Posts
Guys,

We appreciate your help. We are in the process of assigning area representatives and event coordinators. Cards and banners will be supplied.

In the mean time, send me your addresses and I can send you some business cards to hold you over until we get better organized. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
fcalmes said:
Guys,

We appreciate your help. We are in the process of assigning area representatives and event coordinators. Cards and banners will be supplied.

In the mean time, send me your addresses and I can send you some business cards to hold you over until we get better organized. :)
Frank,

6737 Greenleaf Dr.
N. Richland Hills, TX 76180

I'll do my best!

Joe:D :D :D

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Frank, didn't Jim S. make stickers for us? They were larger but I bet he could do some smaller ones...........

JC

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see others agree.

However, I wanted to know if this could be done in a way to ease the load on Frank, JC, et. al.
If we could have a template posted online, then we could each take care of our own busn. cards and not have to have them sent to us.

That is where I was headed with this idea.

chris

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
In a word, no. Here's why.

First of all, the brand is critical and so is consistiency in the message......

Everything we produce should have the same feel and should be the same. We can't control that if we give templates out.

A lot of not so good printers think that artwork is open for their interpretation, to do whatever they feel is right. You'll notice the squashed logos on all of the banners........

Second, its expensive. We use full bleed on one side and 2 color on the other......a scan of a card is below......

JC

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent points JC.
I didn't think of those. Just wanting to help spread the word and get people to these cool sites.

So, given that I agree with everything you said, what is the best way to accomplish what I and others want to do?
Suggestions welcome.

chris

·
Registered
572 Posts
Out of curiousity, why do you print both sides? I've always found that leaving the back blank offers great advantages.

For example, you dig out a card when you meet someone, write some info on the back the person really needs, and he'll probably keep the card beyond the info. A few weeks or so later, trying to follow up on the info, he/she's reminded about what is on the front...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts