Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it all finally came together yesterday. I won my first Corvette Challenge Pro 8. For those of you not familiar with the Corvette Challenge Pro 8, it is a featured race of the 8 fastest Corvettes in the Challenge. The race is a heads-up format on a pro tree. Basically, the first one to the stripe wins (no breakouts).

The track prep was terrible as Englishtown was preparing for the NHRA Nationals. They were grinding the track down since last week and there was virtually no rubber on the surface. Made it for some interesting driving conditions considering there were 8 and 9 second cars competing. On a positive note, Englishtown stepped up and glued the track right before the finals giving me and John Carter some added comfort.

Anyway, I wanted to give a quick thanks to Cartek, Neverlift Racecraft, and Injection Connection for helping me capture the first win. Everyone did a kick-ass job. I'll post some videos soon.

Paul

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats Paul :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Congrats, Paul. :thumb: Great win for you, and great times considering we were racing in a DA that hovered between +3300 to +3500 all day. :yeadog:

Don

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Congratulations :jammin:
Was "Black Attack" ... Black 1999 FRC running 427 natural there?
How'd he do? (I know the guy)
:ity:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! The event was a total blast. Here's the video of the first round of the Pro 8: click here for video

You have to watch the race where both cars break down right after the launch. It's very amuzing what happens after.

Denny, Clavin was there but I don't think he was racing. I don't recall seeing the car at all. I know he wasn't in the Pro 8 (didn't see a black Vette with WCC decals).

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Thanks, Paul ... :ity:
Calvin said last Wed that he was going up to E-Town to run.
But then you never know with Calvin's high-strung and temperamental ride ... :screwy:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Wow Paul...that is impressive. :coo:

When I saw the title I was afraid you were gonna say you did it in the Viper. :eyes: :lol: j/k

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wingnut said:
Wow Paul...that is impressive. :coo:

When I saw the title I was afraid you were gonna say you did it in the Viper. :eyes: :lol: j/k

I always do that on the Viper forums. I title the thread something like "Ran 9.07 yesterday" and in the post I begin with "....in my Z06" :p That gets them going :yeadog:

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
Paul said:
I always do that on the Viper forums. I title the thread something like "Ran 9.07 yesterday" and in the post I begin with "....in my Z06" :p That gets them going :yeadog:

:lol: :thumb:

9.07...I don't even know what that feels like. My best on a sportbike was around 10.20...MAN!!!!! :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts