Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
FINNZO6 said:
Thanks! It was a real rush.
Looks like you qualified number 5 and ran the number qualifier in the final. Must have been amped up going into the final. Was your foot shaking on the clutch before the launch? Something is always shaking on me before the lights come on. Break down your 60', e.t, mph, etc for us.

Good job Mr. Finn,

D.J. :usa:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OneQuickCoupe said:
Looks like you qualified number 5 and ran the number qualifier in the final. Must have been amped up going into the final. Was your foot shaking on the clutch before the launch? Something is always shaking on me before the lights come on. Break down your 60', e.t, mph, etc for us.

I was actually very calm by the time I got to the final. Not sure why :screwy: I raced this guy John who has a C3 who had won the last race and no one has won back to back races before. Plus I heard this guy travels the Northeast to bracket race from track to track. So we'll just say he's a bit more experienced and takes it a little more serious than I do. I was cutting good lights all day, so I just wanted to focus on the tree. I wasn't going to let him get the hole shot. And that's what I did. I'll post the time slip figures tomorrow (I don't have it with me right now- I'm at work and my time slip is at home).

I just want to thank the guy who let me win the first round. He was dialed in his C4 at 14.20 and I dialed a 12.58 (keep in mind it was 90 degrees). So I was chasing, which I prefer. Car comes out smooth, just a little tire spin, I slammed 2nd, and go to shift 3rd and when I do my hand slipped off the shifter (beacause I was sweating like a pig) :cry: :bmad: So I figured, great, I lost in the first round (again) :bmad: Anyway, I slam it back into 3rd and try to recover. Meanwhile, this guy is about 5 cars ahead of me and I know I'm never going to catch him. So he gets on the brakes right before the finish but still crosses about 4 cars ahead of me. I'm absolutley livid that my hand slipped and I drove an hour and a half just to lose in the first round. Well, to my surprise, when I picked up my time slip, I saw the win on my side and I was a little confused at first because I knew he didn't red light and I knew I was way of my dial. So how did I win? The only way I could have- he broke out. :jawdrop: :eek: Icouldn't believe it because I saw him get on the brakes but obviously not soon or hard enough. He ran a 14.012 on a 14.20 dial and I ran a 13.005 on a 12.58 dial. I was so :D
I went over to they guiy after the race and thanked him for the gift.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Congrats Finn...

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts