Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I raced in the Corvette Challenge Pro 8 today and I won the event. I also picked up an award for #1 qualifier (9.01 @ 147) AND the best reaction time on the pro tree (.06).

My twin turbo Neverlift/Cartek monster Z06 ran incredibly well and was very consistent. I swear, this could be a brackets car. All runs were 9.0X or 9.1X with an exception of one pass where my opponent double-bulbed me (he was staged before I even got a chance to pre-stage) and I didn't get a chance to build enough boost. Launching with no boost I still ran a 9.40. Not too bad.

Still no 8s but I'm having a blast!!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Paul said:
I raced in the Corvette Challenge Pro 8 today and I won the event. I also picked up an award for #1 qualifier (9.01 @ 147) AND the best reaction time on the pro tree (.06).

My twin turbo Neverlift/Cartek monster Z06 ran incredibly well and was very consistent. I swear, this could be a brackets car. All runs were 9.0X or 9.1X with an exception of one pass where my opponent double-bulbed me (he was staged before I even got a chance to pre-stage) and I didn't get a chance to build enough boost. Launching with no boost I still ran a 9.40. Not too bad.

Did it again Paul. Good job. Sounds like the double bulb guy knew what he was doing. Glad that doesn't happen all the time.

D.J. :drunken:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Congratulations. Nice driving! :thumb:

Charlie

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Maybe there wouldn't be that "relentless pursuit of 8's" with another driver at the wheel. :D j/k

Nice job Paul...the car is ready to turn the corner with you behind the wheel. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
Awesome! Congrats! :coo:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Major congrats to you Paul! You're "kickin' Azz and takin' names", just like a Jersey guy should! Way to go! :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, guys! I absolutely LOVE racing in this event. There's nothing like good 'ole heads-up racing on a pro tree. No dial-in, no breakouts, just balls to the wall racing. You can see the videos from the Corvette Challenge at http://www.challengevideos.com . I'm racing in a Vette :D :crazy:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
proexpert said:
Nice driving. :thumb: I want your setup. Can you PM me a ballpark cost, please?
PM sent.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Paul said:

Still no 8's though, huh?? Stop blowing smoke up your own ass & give me an 8.999 at least already....sheesh.
Maybe a run w/ no socks & window decals????

JK, of course Paul.....By the way, I've just captured a Cougar just off my property at my new house in Manalapan....I'll save her for you for when you get an 8.x time slip.
Boy when that happens you'll probably end up w/ some blisters on your right hand (and your member), huh?
:lol: :lol:

Ron

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Wow, Congratulations. You should bring that monster to the Fest next year. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to see that baby fly. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, guys. Here's a nice write-up that Redgar put together: Pro 8 Article

The Corvette Challenge is just an awesome series and I'd encourage anyone who lives in the vicinity of Englishtown, NJ to attend at least once. Even if you're not an avid racer, it's very cool to just hang out with other Corvette owners and watch some races.

The Pro 8 is a feature race within the Corvette Challenge. The Vette Doctors and Neverlift Racecraft were cool enough to put up money so this event could happen. Basically, it's the 8 fastest Corvettes at that day's Challenge. There are regulars who only run the Pro 8 but there are a couple of guys who run the Pro 8 and the brackets. It's a great opportunity to check out some of the fastest Corvettes in the Northeast.

Ron, be careful! I think cougars in your area are becoming an endangered species :rofl: They seem to breed (and feed) around Red Bank in plentiful numbers, though.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Paul, Congrats on your win and on some great passes too.

I think your auto tranny would be perfect for bracket racing if you decide to go that route. Those are some very consistant times and I understand that consistancy is the key ingredient in bracket racing.

Keep pushing the envelope, brutha. I know 8's are just around the corner for you. If you don't get it this summer, the cool fall temperatures should do the trick.

Mike

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MikesZ06 said:
Paul, Congrats on your win and on some great passes too.

I think your auto tranny would be perfect for bracket racing if you decide to go that route. Those are some very consistant times and I understand that consistancy is the key ingredient in bracket racing.

Keep pushing the envelope, brutha. I know 8's are just around the corner for you. If you don't get it this summer, the cool fall temperatures should do the trick.

Mike

Thanks, Mike. I was told that turbo cars aren't very consistent but this one sure fooled me :lol: I love heads up racing and that's really what this car was built for. I seem to have much better reaction times on a pro tree than a full tree which is sort of weird because most people I know are exactly opposite. I entered a Corvette Challenge bracket race only once this season and I made it to quarter finals. I think the car could do well in brackets but I just don't find it exciting to race against 15 second cars. If I found a bracket class of 9 and 8 seconds cars, that would be a different story. :thumb:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Paul, congratulations again on your back to back wins. You are doing great and getting better and more consistent each time out.

I look forward to seeing your quest to be the first to win three in a row on Sunday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts