Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find out if anyone has a IC mag with forged bottom end and running 12+lb boost. I am thinking about getting my bottom end forged and go with 2.8 pulley + nitrous maybe? What do you guys think and recommend. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sorry Z, my inbox was full -- try PMing me again..

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Send a PM to B_P_Fox. He has the Mag and forged internals, I do not know what boost # he is using. It is fast!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
There ya go. Told ya ! BP knows alot about how these motos work and hes a great guy to consult with. Geo, I need your e mail addy again so I can send you some Hooters vid clips...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Can you actually achieve 12 psi with the Mag?

How do you keep traction on such a small pulley, running that kind of boost? :-?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Zeanster said:
Can you actually achieve 12 psi with the Mag?

How do you keep traction on such a small pulley, running that kind of boost? :-?
To my understanding the Magnacharger is an eaton blower. Similar to that used on the 2003-2004 Cobra. Those are capable to running up to about 14 psi before overspinning the blower.

A good set of tires, and some suspension work is all you need to keep traction.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I'm curious how a Mag setup behaves when cranked up to deliver the most boost, so I'll be watching this thread if anyone out there is doing it. Right now I think mine is pretty lightly stressed.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I just forged my internals, stroked to 382, lowered compression to 9.3:1 and added alky injection to keep the IAT's down. I am getting 10# boost with a 2.9 pulley.
We needed to use a manual tensioner to keep the belt from slipping. I didn't notice the blower any louder than before but was told by some it is noticeable from outside when I mash the loud pedal. The maggie can handle this and still has a bit more to offer.

This engine was built to handle 14# boost in anticipation for the KB twin screw.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks B P FOX!!

Now I have to save some cash and go that route. I will keep you all posted on how this project works out. Thanks again all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Get in touch with Chris or Doug @ ECS 609 752 0321.
They just finished a charger with a forged 346, mag and alky and some other stuff that I can't post at the moment.
This should be the 1st mag in the 9's

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
jersey jay said:
They just finished a charger with a forged 346, mag and alky and some other stuff that I can't post at the moment.
WOW! That's going to something :z: :z:

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
jersey jay said:

:yeadog: I've seen this car, and it will be very, very fast. ECS has added some extra special go fast items. ;) Can't wait to see this at the track. :thumb:

Don

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
zohhhsix said:
Any idea on what kind of RWHP# its putting down?
I know what they were aiming for, I'm just not sure if the car has been on the dyno yet to see if they hit their mark.

You might want to call Doug Ring at ECS and ask him directly.

Don

·
Registered
378 Posts
zohhhsix said:
Any idea on what kind of RWHP# its putting down?
It's anyones guess. I have been saying all along these maggies have 600 in them.

Mags in the 9's are going to happen soon ... Be Sure :sneaky:

If you are looking for good numbers on any engine build I would go with a tuner with "consistant" engine builds able to put down the numbers. Mebbe even one who could get 1000 hp from a little 346 TT. :roll: When talking about 9's ECS is usually absent from the discussion :rofl:
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showpost.php?p=898959&postcount=1

:cheers:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Don Benson said:
In my best singing voice, "I wonder who's tuning her now?" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don
Can you sing it to the tune "There's Two Less TR/Mod Reds In The Stable Now" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How's the numbers Don :blush:

fox out

1 - 20 of 33 Posts