Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on Ice Mode and found some information about ABS system quirks. Does anyone know anything about "Glide Mode"? I'm trying to help a friend with an F-body. He went off course at about 100 MPH and would like not to do it again. :jawdrop: He survived, but the front of the car is banged up from tire wall & ARMCO.

·
Banned
809 Posts
I've heard of it before, but I've never experienced it before (thankfully!).

I played around with wording and the order of the wording in the search engine and came up with a few posts with info regarding ice mode. I don't know what glide mode is unless it's the same thing.

DJ Worm is the one that has been investigating it over the last few years. I would suggest contacting him about it directly. If anyone here has found out how to prevent it, I'm sure that he would be the one that knows about it.

Here's what I pulled up in the search engine if you want to take a look.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/search.php?searchid=545794

Hope this helps.

Sal

PS. Where turn of what track did your buddy go off? If you want to keep it private, you can pm me. If you don't want to divulge that information, that's cool too. I don't want to know his name, but I'd like to know the circumstances.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as who and where, I think the less said the better. My name is out there in cyberspace on stuff that never seems to get deleted. I don't want to expose a friend. He may not care, but I won't be the one.

Years ago I had a insurance company rep call me at home to check to see if a white 300ZX was wrecked at our event. Somehow the insurance company figured out that the accident was in close proximity to a track, that I would know who was there and what my home phone was. Kind of creepy. I was glad it didn't happen at our event because I didn't want to lie OR have to give up information.

·
Banned
809 Posts
No. I didn't want to know who it was. I just wanted to know what track and what corner. You wouldn't have even had to mention that it was an F-body because it's a GM product with ABS.

I understand that you want to keep it private though, so that's fine.

Sal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts