Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( I have seen this before, and now in a senior moment I forget what was said. I just installed my Vortex rammer & power duct. Is there something I must do now to make the computer know its got more air to work with? Thanks! :-?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Gotta love that. Put on a new mod and you get an excuse to drive it around and have fun. :)

Put my new MAF on today and took it out for a run and ran in to a nice 360 Modena Ferrari to test it out on....

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
As I understand (could be way off) you should disconnect battery cable, leave for a minute, reconnect, start the engine, wait 5 min, shut off engine, then drive for complete relearn.....

Though, the computer will adjust without all this over time anyway.....

I look at it like rebooting the PC....good for it every now and again :)

JC

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Just so we are straight, there is a difference in IDLE Relearn and PCM Relarn, as it where.

The PCM will 'learn' new airflow by driving, "Like you stole it, as they say:)

The IDLE relarn should be done if you have an erratic idle. If not, enjoy a drive of 50 miles maybe and your PCM Relearn will be complete.

Have fun!

RG

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK! Here I GO!

Thanks for the info guys.. Have an autocross 140 mi from home sunday.... so guess by the time I get there; it will be "re-learnt" :eek: Took an instrcutor for a ride last week on a nice 2nd gear course, and he said he's been in lots of vettes but NONE could compare to this car's performance and handling..:cheers:
Gotta luv it....

BTW: Les: No tips eh? tx! :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts