Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Evolution.

I couldnt talk about torque wrenches and the best tires or best colors for another moment of my finite existence.

Have a look, you may just be able to pull yourself away from your wasteful pursuit of something that will make you more you, that something that you never really get a grasp on.

Ever wonder why youre never satisfied? Will 700 hp be enough? (no)

Its time to wake up and realize that what you needed has always been there, within.

I apologize if this comes across as condescending.

I really was addicted to materialism for a long time and with breaking free from it I can see it for what it was. I know many of you reading this now suffer from it.

So on to the forums, literature, and films that have helped me liberate myself and that I can recommend to those looking for a way out and recovery from years of conditioning. In no particular order. Zeitgeist is a must see BTW, at the bottom.

We need to separate from the social systems that we have adapted to in the past few centuries with an abundance of energy to do our work. We now know that this luxury has not come with out its consequences, and that the survival of not only our species but that of our biosphere will require drastic change in the way we live.

Best wishes.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/non-supporting-vendor-advertising-84174/

And for those that want to break free from their self made prison of endless conditioned wanting this is a great book to start with:

Another great book:

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f68/non-supporting-vendor-advertising-84174/

And a must see film:

·
9,755 Posts
To each his own. Congratulations on finding your inner peace.
I feel balance is the key for me. I don't go to one extreme or the other. Several events in my life made me realize that family & friends are most important, but I still enjoy toys. I can live without an 800HP car but if I had one I certainly would not feel bad or guilty about it :D

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
We need to separate from the social systems that we have adapted to in the past few centuries with an abundance of energy to do our work. We now know that this luxury has not come with out its consequences, and that the survival of not only our species but that of our biosphere will require drastic change in the way we live.
I was just thinking that yesterday, really I was.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Well, since you have liberated yourself from material things; are you walking to work (who needs work, that is only for money for material things), living in a tree or walking around in the buff or hunting and gathering your own food?

·
10,998 Posts
No I never wondered for a instant. Your words match the low expectations I have for people from your city.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Well, since you have liberated yourself from material things; are you walking to work (who needs work, that is only for money for material things), living in a tree or walking around in the buff or hunting and gathering your own food?
Actually, you bring up a great point. What happens if everyone stops wanting material things? Well....since people like eviLS6 only see the world in absolute extremes, I'll explain it in those terms...

People stop spending money on non-essential things. As hard as it is for us to imagine right now, the economy begins to slow down (;)). Then workers get laid off from their jobs because demand for their product or service has ceased. Eventually, companies themselves go bankrupt. The economy starts to crumble further. People begin to starve. Their kids go shoe-less. Fear and desperation take hold. Finally, war erupts and people die by the millions. Humanity is thrust into the next Dark Age.

Is that your real agenda, eviLS6?

Best wishes, indeed. :cry:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Evolution.

I couldnt talk about torque wrenches and the best tires or best colors for another moment of my finite existence.

Have a look, you may just be able to pull yourself away from your wasteful pursuit of something that will make you more you, that something that you never really get a grasp on.

Ever wonder why youre never satisfied? Will 700 hp be enough? (no)

Its time to wake up and realize that what you needed has always been there, within.

I apologize if this comes across as condescending.

I really was addicted to materialism for a long time and with breaking free from it I can see it for what it was. I know many of you reading this now suffer from it.

So on to the forums, literature, and films that have helped me liberate myself and that I can recommend to those looking for a way out and recovery from years of conditioning. In no particular order. Zeitgeist is a must see BTW, at the bottom.

Oh good Lord, not you again :roll:

When last you posted, I thought you had decided to go live out in the deep woods with Theodore Kaczynski and raise pet chinchillas & alpacas or some such.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f92/know-truth-107971/

I see since your last appearance that you not only drank the Kool-aid, but bathed in it as well. Fair enough, if God didn't make morons, the rest of us would have no way of knowing how far down the intellect scale goes before bottoming out.

Anyway, glad to have you back, please remain aware of and observe the site rules, and try not to put any small shiny objects in your mouth that haven't been washed properly.

Mike

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
I see since your last appearance that you not only drank the Kool-aid, but bathed in it as well. Fair enough, if God didn't make morons, the rest of us would have no way of knowing how far down the intellect scale goes before bottoming out.
Mike

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
2,610 Posts
You have to love the internet! It brings you together w/ some people you would never want to hang out with!!! Sorry I'm in Archie Bunker mode today!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
evil.......hmmmm, good user name. :lol:

Goodl luck with the sale.

Merry Christmas, may Santa bring you a bag full of presents. :csmile:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Um... no thanks. I'm going to go home in my gas guzzling SUV and covet my neighbors wife while I cut down a christmas tree to put in my front window.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
.... and that the survival of not only our species but that of our biosphere will require drastic change in the way we live.
Got to thinking a bit about your statement here and wanted to warn you about something that will have a very personal effect on you that you may not have considered...

You do know I'm sure, that when drastic changes occur in our biosphere and survival of the species becomes a major concern, human genetics demand that the bottom rung of the gene pool be sacrificed for the good of the body politic.

In other words, Be Afraid...Be Very Afraid :eek2:

Mike

1 - 20 of 38 Posts