Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont flame me for a stupid question but if production on the new Z starts in mid to late July might customers high on big allocation dealer lists see their cars in August or Sept? Of course this is assuming nothing changes.

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Yes, I think late August to mid-September might be a good target for first deliveries...

Mark

·
Registered
231 Posts
Z06 allocations for May 2005 will be produced during the week of July 25-31,with delivery of vehicles in the 4th quarter..Info from Ken Ficthner Chevrolet dealer on the other forum..I wonder is GM going to build Z06's once a month for a week.Maybe 500 cars a month to get their 15% total of all vettes produced yearly :idea:

·
Registered
35 Posts
There might be some kind of quality hold similar to the C6 launch last year. Those cars were released around the third week of August. Hopefully things will be different with the Z06 and maybe they will start deliveries earlier.

GM is anxious to get the Z06 out there. The build was scheduled to start in May and the coupe and vert the last week in June. Extending the 2005 build to September has obviously affected the Z06 launch as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
RTY2005 said:
Dont flame me for a stupid question but if production on the new Z starts in mid to late July might customers high on big allocation dealer lists see their cars in August or Sept? Of course this is assuming nothing changes.
When you say High on big allocation list? Do you mean A high # like # 17, Or do you mean a low # like 4? Some dealers are over 100 on their lists! What # are you on the dealers list and what kind of allocation does your dealer have guessing! :D

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It my understanding the changeover has been delayed and the 2006 Production for all models will not start until after Labor Day. :cry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
IT L GO said:
It my understanding the changeover has been delayed and the 2006 Production for all models will not start until after Labor Day. :cry:

The 2006 coupe and vert start production September 9th. The Z06 start is July 25th.

This is from Rick at Les Stanford:

Chevrolet has announced the following information:
Dealers will be able to consense for the all new 2006 Corvette Z06 in May.
Dealers will be able to view their final, actual allocations on May 18, 2005.
Dealers will see their first allocations within which they can approve orders on June 16, 2005.
Allocations available during the May consensus will be available for production July 25 thru July 31, 2005

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I'm #5 on the list at the 2nd largest Corvette dealer (Les Stanford) in America, so I expect to take delivery of one of the first C6 Z06's.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Zippy said:
I'm #5 on the list at the 2nd largest Corvette dealer (Les Stanford) in America, so I expect to take delivery of one of the first C6 Z06's.

Hey Zip, have you settled on a color yet? Garrett and I might have to make a road trip up to see it when you take delivery. :yeadog:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Zippy said:

Flavor of the week on color Zip? :lol:

Jack

·
Registered
215 Posts
Zippy said:

Are you sure you're #5 Zip? Just called Rick a couple days ago and he said I was #5. :) Maybe you're #4.... :guiness:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
PimpDadd said:
Are you sure you're #5 Zip? Just called Rick a couple days ago and he said I was #5. :) Maybe you're #4.... :guiness:

Maybe he tells every one they are #5 :rofl:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
IT L GO said:
Maybe he tells every one they are #5 :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Z06 Tom said:
Hey Zip, have you settled on a color yet? Garrett and I might have to make a road trip up to see it when you take delivery. :yeadog:
Tom: I'm leaning towards Victory Red. Possibly White if they offer it, or may go back to Blue. Would be great if you and Garrett came to see us!

Zippy :) :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.