Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a good idea that the new Z06 will be priced at around $65,000. Will you buy one at that price?
I will not....as it will be too much for my not so deep pockets?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yep.....(post padding) :) :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Plan on waiting 2-3 model years. We will have 300C SRT8's with 425hp running around here soon. I don't think 500hp is going to last too long. I extremely like all the performance go fast goodies they have added as a total package.
I'll take an '08 in Red!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
PerforminNorman said:
:yeadog: But be careful as the price isn't set and GM watches these sites.
Maybe GM should just post them all on eBay.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
vinman said:
Plan on waiting 2-3 model years. We will have 300C SRT8's with 425hp running around here soon. I don't think 500hp is going to last too long. I extremely like all the performance go fast goodies they have added as a total package.
I'll take an '08 in Red!
:yeadog: I agree. I bought an '01 Z, so you can understand my trepidation. Let 'em get the bugs worked out first anyway. As for the power level, I think there's still more left in the LS7. Think about it, it's ONLY coming in at 500/475 at the crank. That's only 425/405 at the wheels. A lot of us are making that with HC and exhaust set ups on our 346s. I'll wait and see what happens in years two or three. I don't see the need to be the "first one on the block" anymore.

·
Registered
59 Posts
For the first year or two dealers are going to be adding $5-10K on top of whatever MSRP GM sets. Those cars will need to sit on the showroom floors for a while in order to bring the dealers back down to earth.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not buying first year anymore,,not worth the hassle.. :roll:

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would be looking at buying a new Z if I could get a base model at $60K. In addition, I will not buy a first model year car. I will wait for the 2007 model year.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Still havin fun with my 03 Zee, I'll more than likely wait until I can buy one at a friendly price (something way less than MSRP). :z:

·
Registered
240 Posts
NOPE,
Maybe at 60k,
anything above and I will be waiting till 07 (to see what changes happen) and then decide to get 07 one or used 06.

·
Registered
399 Posts
If they price it around 70k. I think there will be a lot of them sitting on the showroom floor. Just look at the SSR, 50+ for a truck????

And I agree with the previous post, A year ago 500 HP seemed like a lot. But a lot of the german sedans are pushing close to 600HP. And the dodge station wagon has 425. Hell, even the plain jane GTO has 400HP now.............. The 500 HP might be a day late, and a dollar short.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
2K3ZO6 said:
And I agree with the previous post, A year ago 500 HP seemed like a lot. But a lot of the german sedans are pushing close to 600HP. And the dodge station wagon has 425. Hell, even the plain jane GTO has 400HP now.............. The 500 HP might be a day late, and a dollar short.
I never thought we'd be saying "500 stock HP isn't enough". :usa: Great time to be a car enthusiast! :D

·
Registered
670 Posts
carzzy said:
I have a good idea that the new Z06 will be priced at around $65,000. Will you buy one at that price?
I will not....as it will be too much for my not so deep pockets?
If you visit Kerbeck's site and use the price calculator, a loaded vert comes out close to $65,000. I would guess that a Z would be even higher.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
I bought my 1990 ZR1 new for just over $60,000.00 and thought it was a good buy or investment. It took over 3000 miles to break in the mother and I was asking myself what the F*** did I buy this thing for. GM is suffering right now and they better price the cars to move. I won't get hustled again and besides I've had 500hp cars since the 70's and with that much hp you really limit yourself to run the car the way it should be. I'm lucky I live 5 miles from Bristol Drag-way.
If they price the 2006 Z06 in the 50's then I'll get interested. What's the expense for a 427 worth anyways? $59,000.00 sounds good to me and that's it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes, I have a pretty good spot on my dealers list & am looking forward to it. 70k was my limit price. If it is over that, I modify my C6 Z51. 6.6L block, ported heads, headers, cam, wheels, tires, brakes. etc.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
No

1 - 20 of 63 Posts